Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary?

/ Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary? #11  
LBrown I don't know when the 60" was first offered, but yes, it is now.
Go to Kubota, Build My Kubota and then, implements, you can choose the 54 manual or 60 full hydraulic.Appreciate all the input here.
Might just try that slit piece of pipe first.
That sounds interesting. May as well pick up the skid shoes too, just in case.
When I bought my Bx1500 back in2007 The 60'' was for the BX23 BX24 and the other 2000 series,so I just ordered that blade for the BX1500.
Tried that.
It came off the blade in less than 10 minutes.
took way longer than that to install it.
Went right to skid shoes from that.

/ Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary? #12  
Appreciate advice and experiences here. I bought the 60" Kubota front snow blade, fully hydraulic, with QC. Winter is coming soon, and we average around 100". My drive is gravel. Question. Would you or would you not rush out to get the skid pads? What is your experience? Grateful for the wisdom.

If you didn't want to buy the skid shoes you could find a piece of used rubber conveyor belting and bolt it on behind the wear edge so it sticks below it a few inches so it will keep the wear edge up a few inches and not dig up your gravel driveway. I haven't tried this but know of a fellow that did and he said it works great for that and ya won't tear up your lawn either if ya push the snow back of the driveway.

/ Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary? #13  
Forget the skid shoes,seriously.Go with the pipe slipped over the cutting edge until the drive is frozen,then remove the pipe and expose the cutting edge.Like someone said,the shoes sink into the gravel as well.Usually at the start of the plowing season,the gravel is usually softer since it's probably been raining.And on the first few snowfalls,the heat from the ground melts the first few ibches of snow making the gravel even wetter/softer.Get the pipe.Good Luck.

/ Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary?
OK, what kind of pipe. Schedule 40? About the diameter of the pipe? 2" 4"??

/ Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary? #16  
Appreciate advice and experiences here. I bought the 60" Kubota front snow blade, fully hydraulic, with QC. Winter is coming soon, and we average around 100". My drive is gravel. Question. Would you or would you not rush out to get the skid pads? What is your experience? Grateful for the wisdom.
always used them on our 700 ft of driveway-prevented taking the crown off the driveway and they were adjustable so height could be set easily. Also prevented plowing excess amts of gravel off the driveway in the winter which has to be put back on in the spring. Loved them

/ Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary?
Well, I got all kinds of schedule 40 sizes. :D:D

Would you run it through your table saw to put a slot on one side?

Better idea?

/ Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary? #18  
you could probably use a table saw as long as it had a metal cutting blade.

/ Skid pads??? Needed? Necessary? #19  
Well, I got all kinds of schedule 40 sizes. :D:D

Would you run it through your table saw to put a slot on one side?

Better idea?

I used a plasma cutter and cleaned up the cut with a grinder. It doesn't need to be real pretty just relatively straight.