Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal.

/ Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal. #11  
Ditto..... rhino shoes 001_1.JPG

/ Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal. #12  
Castering gauge wheels work the best.

articulated snow plow 002.jpg

/ Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal. #14  
Castering gauge wheels work the best.

View attachment 536346

I've had the same exact thing at one time. Worked better than skids. Problem I had was it made the the plow trip all the time. So I had to pin it which isn't good when hitting something. Im guessing it threw the pivot point off making for easy tripping even with springs tighten up.

/ Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal. #15  
I've had the same exact thing at one time. Worked better than skids. Problem I had was it made the the plow trip all the time. So I had to pin it which isn't good when hitting something. Im guessing it threw the pivot point off making for easy tripping even with springs tighten up.

It doesn't make my plow trip.

You probably needed heavier springs.

/ Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal. #16  
It doesn't make my plow trip.

You probably needed heavier springs.

Yea you're probably right. Or double them up. Wheels do work though.

/ Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal. #17  
Those would come as option equipment on all rear blades.....if the mfgs. didn't want to sell you other implements for snow removal.
Nice job.

/ Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal. #19  
Whoa! I don't mind a little snow left on the driveway after plowing, but six inches?

It's actually 3". If you look close, you can see the blade is sitting on 2 pieces of 2x4 for the photo.

The bucket tilt control will raise the blade, or lower it.

That's another benefit of a FEL plow, with gauge wheels. I can scrape it clean. Or, leave several inches. Which ever I prefer.

I try and pack down 3"-4" of snow on my gravel drive. Then, I can plow with the blade on the ground, and not move the gravel. If the snow is deeper than that, I can raise the blade a few inches off the surface, and pack what it leaves behind down.

/ Skid shoes on a back blade for snow removal. #20  
I prefer a light duty (read lightweight) blade for snow removal. Shorten the top link early in the season to reduce the positive rake on the cutting edge and then lengthen it after the ground is well frozen. In my yard the only thing that gets scalped are the high spots and the grass roots remain for regrowth in the spring. Heck, I even thought about blading the whole yard to "plane" it smoother for summer mowing.