Grapple Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple!

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple!
Groo said:
looks like a longer cylinder body or some other form of a stop is needed. Looks like a pretty basic design flaw. How did he miss that?

I think a cylinder with a longer stroke probably would not let it rotate back as far and that would be a better fix than welding on a stop that will break off from being constantly hammered by opening & closing the grapple.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #12  
I wonder... Is he an individual distributor? Does he work alone? Maybe he is sick? Just a thought.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple!
Called Skidsteer Express again & finally got in touch with Todd. Bill is out & he says this is the first he had heard of the problem. Anyway he says he will follow up with Bill on Monday & that I should call him back that afternoon.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #14  
I'm glad you got a hold of someone; I would still link them to this thread. I am looking for a grapple for my tractor and unless this issue is resolved I will not buy from them.
We are TBN, and the voice of this forum is loud in the tractor world.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #15  
Your Keep after Skidsteer Express and if they are not responsive then file a complaint with the BBB in their region.

That's funny line -

Now if you said to email Skidsteer Express & tell them you intended to post your experiences on TBN you would probably get 100 X better response.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #16  
That's funny line -

Now if you said to email Skidsteer Express & tell them you intended to post your experiences on TBN you would probably get 100 X better response.

They run an internet business and presumably want a clean BBB record. What business wouldn't? I am well aware that BBB doesn't have a lot of power over slime ball companies but Skidsteer Express has not been a problem in that way, they have just fallen down on customer service. BBB gives them a chance to resolve the issue.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #17  
Called Skidsteer Express again & finally got in touch with Todd. Bill is out & he says this is the first he had heard of the problem. Anyway he says he will follow up with Bill on Monday & that I should call him back that afternoon.

This seems backasward to me. They should be calling you.
Bill

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #18  
That's funny line -

Not to hijack, but you're right. This forum has a lot more clout that the BBB. The BBB is a well disguised pay-to-play scam and most business owners know it. Funny that the public thinks it's some kind of real deal watchdog group.

Let's hope that Skidsteer Express gets on this one and gets it resolved.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #19  
With cell phones and laptops in everyone's hands, Todd could have (and probably did) immediately gotten in touch with Bill and passed on your phone number for at least a complementary call back to you stating that he (Bill) is now aware of your situation and will be back in touch (on his dime) monday.
This is one of the worst cases of beyond poor customer relations that I have ever heard of. Absolutely nothing "Express" about this except in the speed they took your money.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #20  
nickel plate said:
This is one of the worst cases of beyond poor customer relations that I have ever heard of. Absolutely nothing "Express" about this except in the speed they took your money.

Let's not exaggerate. This seems to be a simple boneheaded failure of customer service not evidence of any planned or concerted effort to deny warranty service (yet). Small businesses that usually have the owner on site to deal with these things directly run into problems when the customers enter via cyberspace rather than the front door. That is no excuse for failure but these guys are not the first small business to have inadequate systems for customer service set up. Not everyone is Amazon.