Grapple Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple!

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #21  
Called Skidsteer Express again & finally got in touch with Todd. Bill is out & he says this is the first he had heard of the problem. Anyway he says he will follow up with Bill on Monday & that I should call him back that afternoon.

That's poor customer service right there. I bet if you had told Todd that you would like to order a new grapple from Bill, the response would have have been more like I'll have Bill call you first thing Monday morning.

If it's not taken care of (to your satisfaction) Monday my next step would be to let Bill know he has two weeks to fix this problem or I'll be putting a charge-back on my c/c.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #22  
That's poor customer service right there. I bet if you had told Todd that you would like to order a new grapple from Bill, the response would have have been more like I'll have Bill call you first thing Monday morning.

If it's not taken care of (to your satisfaction) Monday my next step would be to let Bill know he has two weeks to fix this problem or I'll be putting a charge-back on my c/c.
The OP bought the grapple last Nov, per the first post. Most CC complaints need to be filed within 60 or 90 days. I doubt the CC will help in this situation as you are 6+ months out.

A friend just ran into this issue with an airline ticket purchase where they charged him more than they were supposed to but he didn't check the bill in time as the trip was planned months ahead, so he lost the ability to use the CC leverage as it was after 60 days when he noticed (per his card's policies).

Not everyone really "gets' good customer service. You almost need to be born with the right personality type, but you can learn and improve with time. Hopefully these guys catch on.

I would be very disappointed in the design as there are many grapples out there and really no excuse for weak designs to make it out the door with all the good models to use as reference designs... Not to mention some testing would help...

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #23  
A imple fix would be to go to a store that sells hydraulic components and get a set of cylinger stop clamps. We use them on discs and chisel plows. That would keep it from camming over like its doing. I did this on a homemade grapple that Had a damaged cylinder that was replaced by one that was the wrong size.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #24  
My advice would be to stop and take a breath. It sounds like there could be a design flaw. SSE may be trying to figure out if this is a isolated incident, if every grapple they sold has this problem, or somewhere in between. Or they may have thought this is not a big problem and it wasn't a high priority for them. It sounds like they haven't been as informative as they could have been but they also may not want this problem to become known to everyone.

The good thing is you can fix it yourself if needed. It's not like it's a TV set that one of the electronics boards died and without a new one the set is worthless. Hopefully SSE is working behind the scenes to find a solution that will be as painless as possible to resolve the problem. Painless for them to compensate you and painless for you to repair it.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #25  
My advice would be to stop and take a breath. It sounds like there could be a design flaw. SSE may be trying to figure out if this is a isolated incident, if every grapple they sold has this problem, or somewhere in between. Or they may have thought this is not a big problem and it wasn't a high priority for them. It sounds like they haven't been as informative as they could have been but they also may not want this problem to become known to everyone.

The good thing is you can fix it yourself if needed. It's not like it's a TV set that one of the electronics boards died and without a new one the set is worthless. Hopefully SSE is working behind the scenes to find a solution that will be as painless as possible to resolve the problem. Painless for them to compensate you and painless for you to repair it.

Pure speculation, it would be nice if it were all true. Even nicer if it were all true and the seller would actually pick up the phone and let the customer know.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #26  
BBB? HA! What a JOKE! Most people think the BBB is a government run
deal, NOPE, could not be farther from the truth, an Attorney owns it.
WHAT A JOKE!

Who in their right mind would pay to belong to an organization that at
the drop of a dime will come AFTER YOU and FORCE YOU to deal w/
a Krazed client by way of an arbitrator whom knows SQUAT about
your trade! LOL

CAVEAT EMPTOR ! :confused2:

File a smalls claims case. THAT will get you some action.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #27  

It doesn't matter if they are "trying to figure things out." There is no excuse for not communicating with customers. Even if only to say "We are sorry about the problem and working to resolve it," they should be returning phone calls. And as far as "not wanting it to become know to everyone," the surest way to make certain it DOES become known is to ignore phone calls and piss off the customer.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #28  
This is horrible customer service.
Can you imagine the **** that would be raised if you were late with a payment or anything like that?! But when they need to get back to you, you have to chase them down. There is no excuse for not giving you a roadmap to a solution at this point!

I can't stand poor customer service. I am definitely noting this.

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #29  
I just saw they are one of those companies who have no phone number.

Caveat Emptor

Here is there WHOIS;

Registrant:
ArkCo Distributors, INC

1138 N. Germantown Rd
Cordova, Tennessee 38016
United States

Registered through: Pinnacle Hosting
Domain Name: SKIDSTEEREXPRESS.COM
Created on: 13-Aug-08
Expires on: 13-Aug-12
Last Updated on: 15-Aug-10

Administrative Contact:
Dinkins, Bert bert@dccwebdesigns.com
DCC Webdesigns
10517 Birthstone Dr
El Paso, Texas 79925
United States
(901) 355-1059

Technical Contact:
Dinkins, Bert bert@dccwebdesigns.com
DCC Webdesigns
10517 Birthstone Dr
El Paso, Texas 79925
United States
(901) 355-1059

/ Skidsteer Express won't stand behind their grapple! #30  
I just saw they are one of those companies who have no phone number.

That's a HUGE red flag, and is enough to stop me from even considering the possibility of doing business with any company.