Slightly overloaded.....

/ Slightly overloaded..... #1  

crowbar032

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 150, TO-35, John Deere 5065E, Caterpiller 953 track loader, NH LS170 Skid Steer
I'm sure there are threads around with overloaded pictures, but a quick look didn't show any for me. Over the weekend I was at a livestock auction close to Indy. They had another ring outside selling hay. I left before everything was over. When I got to the parking lot I saw this. The trailer is resting on the jack or it would be even lower. A part of me wishes I would have stuck around to see what would have happened when they tried to leave. 2013-05-11_13-42-34_900.jpg

/ Slightly overloaded..... #2  
Overloaded? I don't think so, he just needs more rise on the drawbar on his Resse hitch.

/ Slightly overloaded..... #3  
I'm sure there are threads around with overloaded pictures, but a quick look didn't show any for me. Over the weekend I was at a livestock auction close to Indy. They had another ring outside selling hay. I left before everything was over. When I got to the parking lot I saw this. The trailer is resting on the jack or it would be even lower. A part of me wishes I would have stuck around to see what would have happened when they tried to leave. View attachment 317633

Around here (1 hour north of Toronto), you'd have starved to death by the time the bears would have finished writing tickets on that one.

Rgds, D.

/ Slightly overloaded..... #4  
Yeesh. Methinks that they bent their hitch if not the truck frame...

Aaron Z

/ Slightly overloaded..... #5  
that's pretty surprising!

/ Slightly overloaded..... #6  
Amazing... how something like that doesn't trip off the "common sense" flashing red lights and sirens!

Pictures like that always remind me of the "difficulty" that troopers have when dealing with the public. I'd be strongly inclined to take the keys (and cell phone) away and demand that the fellow start walking... for home!

AKfish

/ Slightly overloaded..... #7  
I'm sure that tongue jack, the way it appears to be dragging on or gouging into the ground, is helping with the load too.

/ Slightly overloaded..... #8  
I think the real question is how much tongue weight does it take to make a ranger look like that? 500 lbs? (that seems light) 800lbs? 1000lbs?

/ Slightly overloaded..... #9  
What an inDUHvidual; I guess he's not familiar with the Mythbusters quote, "Failure is always an option."

/ Slightly overloaded..... #10  
I have a three horse version of the same trailer, it has about 1500lbs of pin weight. Sits my 98 dually about 3 inches, not quite onto the overload springs. That is before I put the weight distribution bars on...