Slightly overloaded.....

/ Slightly overloaded..... #21  
I think the real question is how much tongue weight does it take to make a ranger look like that? 500 lbs? (that seems light) 800lbs? 1000lbs?

Having an onld 1990 ranger with way weaker spring from doing things like that with firewood etc over the years. But anyway i would have to guess even on my truck i would need to getclose to 800lbs on the tounge to look like that. I fill my back with fire wood and then tow a trailer with wood in it that may have a 400lb tounge weight and it just looks like that maybe not as bad. They have to be resting on the bump stops and when i load with the wood i dont even look that bad yet have a few inches to the stops. I have a fish n ski boat that i guess is just under 300lbs tounge weight that i have moved short distances and it will about level the truck or slightly back heavy when i load it. But my truck does not sit as high as it once did in the back due to old springs. A newer one i would have to guess that it has 100-1200lbs tonge weight on it!!

/ Slightly overloaded..... #22  
i know that bumper pull trailer with huge horse in it didn't make my 99 ranger squat anything more than normal..

/ Slightly overloaded..... #23  
i know that bumper pull trailer with huge horse in it didn't make my 99 ranger squat anything more than normal..

They were at an auction.... Who knows what kind of stuff they have packed into that trailer!! :eek: As was mentioned... maybe they had the sense to leave it - and called in "reinforcements" to get everything home.

You can always hope.. they did! ;)

AKfish

/ Slightly overloaded..... #24  
He installed one of those air bag suspensions in the back that just leaked down:D. Or maybe the jack is busted and he has the kneel the truck down to hitch it up and just haden't re-inflated the bags. We all hear how great those air bags are at leting you load twice as much stuff into half as much truck:thumbsup:.

/ Slightly overloaded..... #25  
i love the air bags on my 450 dually. ;)

/ Slightly overloaded..... #26  
Maybe he's gone to buy some suitcase weights to hang on the front ??:laughing: