Slope...what is safe?? Anyone here ever roll over?

/ Slope...what is safe?? Anyone here ever roll over? #151  
Relatively small patch and it will look the same as it was at the beginning in a years time. Maybe two. The roots can’t be killed, only slowed down for a short time :D

When the shoots start to come back up, you can knock them down easily with just a weedeater in a few minutes. Just keep after it.

/ Slope...what is safe?? Anyone here ever roll over? #152  
When the shoots start to come back up, you can knock them down easily with just a weedeater in a few minutes. Just keep after it.

Yes, but lots and lots of shoots. This picture is after I pushed a trail trough one patch. This patch was about 10 foot high and about 5 acres. I have cleared patches twice that high if they have trees to help arch the canes.
28423A4E-C8BA-4408-8193-C72D20C6FF66.jpeg

/ Slope...what is safe?? Anyone here ever roll over? #153  
Did you have a good time, trying to keep it between the ditches? Lots of fun. I did it a couple of times when I had the little Kubota B7500. I had been using 4WD but switched to 2WD up on the driveway (asphalt) and forgot to put in back in 4 wheel going down with a load in the bucket.. Oh boy.. was that ever fun... whoooo hooo..

That's where you hope you can do a controlled slide - stay away from the brakes, throttle up and stand on the diff. lock. The scary part is that on one side of the driveway is a 4-6 foot embankment that drops off toward the pond. I managed not to touch the barbed wire on either side. :eek:

/ Slope...what is safe?? Anyone here ever roll over? #154  
Back to the question of mowing steep stuff... I mow some pretty steep ground. I'm less likely to roll on it than slide off it.

Out mowing.jpg

misty valley.jpg

/ Slope...what is safe?? Anyone here ever roll over? #155  
When going downhill with a full bucket there is a lever that does control the bucket. Use it and all slows down.

/ Slope...what is safe?? Anyone here ever roll over? #156  
When going downhill with a full bucket there is a lever that does control the bucket. Use it and all slows down.

If you do, make sure your bucket lip doesn't dig in. Make sure your "arse end" doesn't swap with the front end. Danger Will Robinson. If done correctly it can save you, but incorrectly it can help kill you. Far better to never get into this position to start with. STAY in 4wd when descending steep hills.

/ Slope...what is safe?? Anyone here ever roll over? #157  
If you do, make sure your bucket lip doesn't dig in. Make sure your "arse end" doesn't swap with the front end. Danger Will Robinson. If done correctly it can save you, but incorrectly it can help kill you. Far better to never get into this position to start with. STAY in 4wd when descending steep hills.

When the bucket digs in the tractor usually stops going downhill.