Slow FEL fixed!!

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
Well I just figured it out for sure! I thought the joystick felt odd since I 1st used the FEL. Turns out I was right. The up and down cable ballnut that connects to the joystick, did not have a nut or lockwasher on it:mur::mur::shocked:. I guess it was missed when it was assembled. Anyway BIG difference! I now have the FEL speed I should have.:cool2: I found it by taking the cover off of the joystick to see if there was any adjustments, as someone suggested, and first thing I saw was the ball nut was missing! .45 later fixed.;)

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #3  
Well I just figured it out for sure! I thought the joystick felt odd since I 1st used the FEL. Turns out I was right. The up and down cable ballnut that connects to the joystick, did not have a nut or lockwasher on it:mur::mur::shocked:. I guess it was missed when it was assembled. Anyway BIG difference! I now have the FEL speed I should have.:cool2: I found it by taking the cover off of the joystick to see if there was any adjustments, as someone suggested, and first thing I saw was the ball nut was missing! .45 later fixed.;)
Glad to hear you got it working correctly, but did you post it in the other thread so others can follow?

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #4  
cool deal....its fun finding easy fixes.:)

True... ( after warranty ) but having to fix issues yourself with a new machine in my opinion is not exceptable ... I realize you don't want to deal with your dealer after what you went through... but why not make massey fix this little stuff on warranty ??? It's not like these amazing machines are cheap !! I would be so pissed off now I would lose it !!! :mad: ( being what you went through and now this ).....

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #5  
Glad to hear you figgered it out, Wacky!

Guess that's the diffference between the 24/2600 series FEL and previous models... I liked the look of the new joystick controls, but wondered how the control inputs got down the the actual valve under the floor. When you say "cable," is it really a cable, or a steel rod type of hookup? Just curious.

/ Slow FEL fixed!!
Glad to hear you got it working correctly, but did you post it in the other thread so others can follow?

No, I will do that tough.

True... ( after warranty ) but having to fix issues yourself with a new machine in my opinion is not exceptable ... I realize you don't want to deal with your dealer after what you went through... but why not make massey fix this little stuff on warranty ??? It's not like these amazing machines are cheap !! I would be so pissed off now I would lose it !!! :mad: ( being what you went through and now this ).....

Well, I figured going to a dealer would leave too much down time. If it was something I could not figure out with a little help from everyone here, and was expensive, I would have gone that route. I also know it is hard to find competent mechanics that take pride in their work anymore. So in trying to find the problem, they may create another, not knowing. And besides, I get to know my tractor more.;)

Glad to hear you figgered it out, Wacky!

Guess that's the diffference between the 24/2600 series FEL and previous models... I liked the look of the new joystick controls, but wondered how the control inputs got down the the actual valve under the floor. When you say "cable," is it really a cable, or a steel rod type of hookup? Just curious.

It is a cable, there are 2. With adjustments below the ball sockets.

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #7  
..... having to fix issues yourself with a new machine in my opinion is not exceptable ... I realize you don't want to deal with your dealer after what you went through... but why not make massey fix this little stuff on warranty ??? It's not like these amazing machines are cheap !! I would be so pissed off now I would lose it !!! :mad: ( being what you went through and now this ).....

I agree, it is frustrating having to fix stupid stuff like this yourself when you've just shelled out a bunch of money. A few years ago I bought a new Honda Rancher ATV. After about 20 miles it developed a squeak in the front end so I took it back to the dealer. The idiot so called mechanic mashed down on the front end, heard it squeak, and told me with a straight face that I had too much mud on the front end and that was why it was squeaking, he told me not to get it so muddy. I gave him a look of undisguised disgust and asked him if he was seriously telling me that you're not supposed to take an ATV in the mud. He just shrugged. Needless to say I didn't get anything fixed.

I bought a service manual and started tracking down the squeak myself. After isolating it to the lower control arm bushing I looked in the service manual and saw where it called for moly grease from the factory. I took it apart and the bushing was dry, no grease where the book called for grease. I took the other one apart and no grease there either. Ten minutes later I had them both greased and nothing has squeaked since. The grease had been forgotten at the factory.

I can get over the factory forgetting the grease but what I can't get over is the absolute incompetence and stupidity of a so called factory trained service technician looking me in the eye and telling me that I shouldn't take an ATV in the mud.

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #8  
I agree, it is frustrating having to fix stupid stuff like this yourself when you've just shelled out a bunch of money. A few years ago I bought a new Honda Rancher ATV. After about 20 miles it developed a squeak in the front end so I took it back to the dealer. The idiot so called mechanic mashed down on the front end, heard it squeak, and told me with a straight face that I had too much mud on the front end and that was why it was squeaking, he told me not to get it so muddy. I gave him a look of undisguised disgust and asked him if he was seriously telling me that you're not supposed to take an ATV in the mud. He just shrugged. Needless to say I didn't get anything fixed.

I bought a service manual and started tracking down the squeak myself. After isolating it to the lower control arm bushing I looked in the service manual and saw where it called for moly grease from the factory. I took it apart and the bushing was dry, no grease where the book called for grease. I took the other one apart and no grease there either. Ten minutes later I had them both greased and nothing has squeaked since. The grease had been forgotten at the factory.

I can get over the factory forgetting the grease but what I can't get over is the absolute incompetence and stupidity of a so called factory trained service technician looking me in the eye and telling me that I shouldn't take an ATV in the mud.

I agree,

My Honda Rincon is now starting to squeek in the back-forget the dealership. I'm going to drill some holes and add some zerks.

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #9  

It was probability a dealer prep thing and you saw the quality of his mechanic:laughing:
tom

/ Slow FEL fixed!!
Just found another "thing" the assembler missed. All the BH pivot pins that have a bolt and nut to retain them. ALL of them are not even snug:confused::mad:. I am starting to wonder now:(.