Slow FEL fixed!!

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #11  
Wacky, be careful-- I think those nuts are the dinged self-locking type (notice the little dent on the nut?), only supposed to be used one time, and they should be "loose," which allows the main joint pin to wiggle some & spread grease around. The bolts/nuts simply prevent the pin from falling out.

On my FEL, I swapped mine out for some linchpins so I could remove the bucket easily, at least in those locations where linchpins aren't likely to get knocked out by digging. (I didn't feel it would be a good idea on the BH bucket, as the linchpins would be right in the dirt, so to speak, and might get knocked out accidentally.) WBB in NH

Attachments

• BH bucket pins.JPG
    BH bucket pins.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 102
  • FEL linchpins.JPG
    FEL linchpins.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 95
   / Slow FEL fixed!!
Wacky, be careful-- I think those nuts are the dinged self-locking type (notice the little dent on the nut?), only supposed to be used one time, and they should be "loose," which allows the main joint pin to wiggle some & spread grease around. The bolts/nuts simply prevent the pin from falling out.

On my FEL, I swapped mine out for some linchpins so I could remove the bucket easily, at least in those locations where linchpins aren't likely to get knocked out by digging. (I didn't feel it would be a good idea on the BH bucket, as the linchpins would be right in the dirt, so to speak, and might get knocked out accidentally.) WBB in NH

OOPS. I see that now that you mention it.:ashamed: Thanks irvingj:eek:

/ Slow FEL fixed!! #13  
The bolts/nuts simply prevent the pin from falling out.

actually, those nuts will back off. i have lost a bolt/nut combo already, fortunately i caught it before the pin backed out far enough to cause damage.

i've had to tighten quite a few of those a couple of times already, mainly on the backhoe/stabilizers.

i have opted to snug them right up, and may end up double nutting them as time goes by.:)