Smallest tractor for posthole digger

/ Smallest tractor for posthole digger #21  
I have yet to find an instance where a pto powered post hole digger on a tractor 3 point hitch would be an advantage over a hydraulic powered one on a skid steer unless you already own a tractor and do not have a skid steer or if you have to drive the machine quite a ways to get to where you need to dig the hole.

/ Smallest tractor for posthole digger #22  
Our Land Shark post hole digger comes standard with a 36" long auger. Our BX2670 has 18" of ground clearance when the 36" auger is fully raised on flat ground. With that being said, we can include a 48" long auger if requested.
Travis

This guy has made at least 3 videos showing it off with a 36" auger on his 1025R JD.

/ Smallest tractor for posthole digger #23  
I used a heavy duty Bush Hog PHD on the back of my Kubota B2920. Its not as small as a BX or 1025R, but not much bigger. I had no trouble at all with it drilling holes for sono tubes. 21PTO horsepower.
IMG_1700.jpeg

/ Smallest tractor for posthole digger #24  
IMG_3961.jpegIMG_3957.jpeg
I purchased the EA Landshark a few years ago for my 2305 and just recently got around to using it. Works as advertised. It actually took me longer to get the tractor in position than it did to dig the hole.

/ Smallest tractor for posthole digger #25  
I have never used a 3pt hitch auger but hear stories of people having to hand dig the auger out. My father had to do this a few times.

I own a mini with an auger attachment. Reverse is very very nice. And I would say a small mini is a lot more maneuverable than a 3pt hitch model. The hydraulic types are pretty pricy though. Mine came with my machine that's why I own it. I would be digging holes with the mini before I bought a hyd auger. I think they start at roughly $2k plus the actual auger.

/ Smallest tractor for posthole digger #26  
Haven't used the PHD on the new tractor, but on the old one, if it dug in
too deep for the 3PH to lift it, I just used a 2X4 with a short piece of 4X4
to lever it up and out