smarter to buy CUT and MMM or CUT and lawn tractor

/ smarter to buy CUT and MMM or CUT and lawn tractor #31  
a lot of the ans to your questions depends on the area needed to be cut, and the ground conditions. I personally have a cut with RFM for the open areas, and an 18 hp GT for the lawn area, also a self propelled rear bagger walk behind for around the walk and driveway. i suggest a lawn trator and the cut for other uses

/ smarter to buy CUT and MMM or CUT and lawn tractor #32  
Just thought I'd chime in here since I went through the same thing a little while ago. I ended up going with the 60" mmm (and turfs) for my B7800 rather than a dedicated mower for our new lawn and it works well. The cut is really quite nice in my eye and the tractor isn't too heavy for the lawn as long as it is dry and compacted. I do have to be pretty careful when mowing to make sure to keep my turns nice and broad though. I can get close enough to obstacles so that I only have to use a weed wacker for my trimming. I am only mowing about half an acre right now but it only takes about twenty minutes start to finish - and that is with being careful while going around the several trees and obstacles we have. We are going to level an additional 1 1/2 acres sometime in the future and it will be really nice to have then. After a couple of times taking off the loader and putting on the mower and vice versa only takes a few minutes so that isn't much of an issue for me. I'm happy with my setup and would do it that way again. I could probably get a marginally better cut with a dedicated mower but then I would have the storage and maintainance issues associated with that then. Hope this helped.

Matt

/ smarter to buy CUT and MMM or CUT and lawn tractor #33  
I have a 60'' mmm on the BX23 for the larger open areas and a 46'' deck on a powerCraft for the smaller areas.

The nice part about this set up is if we're in a hurry the wife and I both mow at the same time.

<font color="red"> A 9 foot swath makes short work of 2.33 acres.
</font>