/ Smells #1  

Just Bill

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3400DT
This is a reply I recieved
Anybody interested?

Hello and sorry for delay,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 1997 Kubota L-4350 compact diesel tractor with loader,53 horse power, 4 wheel drive,900 hours.This tractor runs and works well. Has power steering, 3 point hitch, manual shift trans with forward and reverse shuttle.Tires are in great shape.This tractor runs and drives as it should. The tractor is still for sale and it is as good as it looks.I have decided to sell it for $2800 and the buyer will receive it with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it so if you buy it you don't have to worry about the paperwork.Also you will have 5 days to inspect and test after you receive it.

It was my father's but unfortunately he can't use it anymore as he died 3 month ago.I moved back where I was born in Atlanta,GA and now it will be shipped from here .Please get back to me if you want to buy it.

Thank you,

Nancy

Photos: Pictures by nancy55aa - Photobucket

/ Smells #3  
smells and i sure wouldn't step in it either...

soundguy

/ Smells #4  
Sounds like a real bargain, but only to those who don't recognize an obvious scam.:laughing: It's hard to believe anyone would fall for it, but I guess some do.

/ Smells #5  
I concur - I had an email correspondence with a 'lady' with a very similar deal and ended up telling her that it sounded too good to be true...

/ Smells #6  
For the past few months or so, Craigslist has been filled with those kinds of ads in my area and the surrounding areas that I browse. I don't know why the scammers seem to be targeting tractor buyers as of late.

/ Smells #7  
John
Maybe because we are an easy (easier ? ) target for a good deal..one too good to be true? :)

I just rec'd an email from someone posing as a lawyer for an estate, and wanted me to have the $16,500,000 and some odd dollars, with the scam being we happened to have the same last name. And I should follow all their directions to set me up as an heir, that I just had to go along with their scheme. What a crock.

/ Smells #8  
I had an employee a long time ago that showed me an ad he was responding to and said he had talked to the man who lived in an upscale neighborhood and was willing to see all his furniture in the whole house ( big house ..) all the furniture was up scale ..expensive for $500...I told him I thought it was a scam..He went and bought the whole house full of furntiure for the $500 easlily worth $8K...turns out the man had just been taken to the cleaners by his wife's divorce attorney and she got the house and all furnishings...he was leaving the country and sold it all before she could get it...anyway that was the story. I guess stranger things have happened..

/ Smells #9  
I live in the Atlanta area. Ask them to give you an address where it can be looked at. Bet I don't have to make a trip to the city.

MarkV

/ Smells #10  
I have run into that as well, they steal pics from a website and put a low price on to get you interested. Lots of times it is a cross border, Canada/USA transaction.