Is this a scam? Smells

/ Smells #11  
or they are leaving for military deployment..etc.. etc..

always some weird story, and a third party deliver service whith some odd overpayment and money refund..

soundguy

/ Smells #12  
I live in the Atlanta area. Ask them to give you an address where it can be looked at. Bet I don't have to make a trip to the city.

MarkV

If I even bother to reply... I'll say something Like I live local to the area and would be no need to ship as I can simply come pick it up in person, Usually will get no reply;) although I do Know some of these ad's are people Phishing for emails addresses and then if they have you hooked they'll reply something like they have someone already interested but ask for a Tel# and will give a call if the deal doesn't go through with other person.... Now they have both your email and Tel# so they can spam you latter with other offers such as Cruises to the Bahama's...trips to Disney land, etc,etc,.....:cool:

/ Smells
I live in the Atlanta area. Ask them to give you an address where it can be looked at. Bet I don't have to make a trip to the city.

MarkV
This is what I sent.
If I get a reply I will post it.

Hi Nancy
I will be in the Atlanta area and can come and pick it up.
What is the address that the tractor is at and do you have a number where I can contact you?
Thanks
Bill

/ Smells #14  
reminds me of a scam I saw blogged about a few years back... some guy strung the scammer along on a computer sale deal on ebay.. scammer sent a fake check of course, so the seller shipped a landscape paver :) it was nice and heavy... the buyer was paying the shipping.. and it was overseas, so he had to pay duty on the stated value by the seller.. which the selelr listed as full retail... scammer got hammered with shipping and duty on a piece of concrete.. that's what he gets for sending fake checks... too bad all of them can't get hammered like that. then arrested.

soundguy

/ Smells #15  
They would not do it if it did not work at some level. I bet "Nancy" has already pocketed several thousand dollars.

We laugh, but people fall for this stuff. Sad...

/ Smells #16  
it makes you wonder how someone -could- fall for this.

it redas like a bad sat night live skit. fraught with 'red' flags

soundguy

/ Smells
Lets see if she takes the bait.
Nothing like messing with a scammer, I guess I am a little warped.

Bill,

The tractor is in GA as I told you in my first email.My brother in law have a business with sewing tractors.He is using the shipping company for about 4 years and have a discount with them.He will use it to help me ship so I will have to pay a small amount.The total amount that you will have to pay for it will be $2800 as this is the price that I expect to sell it.

As I told you in my first email you will have a 5 days inspection period and I think is enough to make a decision about it.I also inform you that I am entertaining another 2 offers for it at this moment .One of them is waiting for a loan and will get in touch with me tomorrow if he can buy it and the other one keep asking me to sell him for $2600 .Please let me know your decision as soon as possible to know what to do .

Thank you,
Nancy

Hi Nancy
As I said in my email I will be in the Atlanta area and there will not be any shipping needed.
I must see the tractor and if it is as you say it is I will pay $2900 cash and provide my own shipping.
Thanks
Bill

/ Smells #19  
Lets see if she takes the bait.
Nothing like messing with a scammer, I guess I am a little warped.

Bill,

The tractor is in GA as I told you in my first email.My brother in law have a business with sewing tractors.He is using the shipping company for about 4 years and have a discount with them.He will use it to help me ship so I will have to pay a small amount.The total amount that you will have to pay for it will be $2800 as this is the price that I expect to sell it.

As I told you in my first email you will have a 5 days inspection period and I think is enough to make a decision about it.I also inform you that I am entertaining another 2 offers for it at this moment .One of them is waiting for a loan and will get in touch with me tomorrow if he can buy it and the other one keep asking me to sell him for $2600 .Please let me know your decision as soon as possible to know what to do .

Thank you,
Nancy

Hi Nancy
As I said in my email I will be in the Atlanta area and there will not be any shipping needed.
I must see the tractor and if it is as you say it is I will pay $2900 cash and provide my own shipping.
Thanks
Bill

You can also tell by the way they write, things are just worded odd. I'd be willing to bet this person isn't even from the US.

Wedge

/ Smells #20  
Or in the US.

will probably have some bs last minute trip where you need to pay somebody else..

soundguy