SMOOTHIE~!!!!!!!

/ SMOOTHIE~!!!!!!! #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
I tried a smoothie for the first time.
I have lots of lettuce from the garden so I got a head and a banana and an apple and some honey & salt and made a smoothie Yaaayyyyy~!!!

No.

It was not good. It stunk. I didn't make it past the first taste.

I know I know if the damn things were any good you'd think they'd have been invented long before this.
Fads. This one probably started in California where some hot bodied lovely faced yoga instructor with all the brains of a fruit fly decided to try something new and her clients all got swept up into this horrid concoction that she likely claimed (without any science) is supposed to cleanse you (as if the liver and kidneys were not already doing a great job) and to nourish you because hey! if a carrot or apple is good a whole bag of 'em must be great for you and honey because - - - - BEES 'r sumpin'.

Last edited:
   / SMOOTHIE~!!!!!!! #2  
You didn't list quantities in your "recipe". I suspect you used far too much lettuce (type unknown) relative to the other ingredients. The salt and honey were totally unnecessary. Smoothies CAN be good but not all concoctions work well.

/ SMOOTHIE~!!!!!!! #4  
We have one of those Ninja Smoothie makers.

What's nice is you can make smoothies, soft serve ice cream, fruit bowls, and frozen yogurt with it.

As well as BBQ sauce and a a few other options.

We make fruit smoothies and frozen yogurt with ours.

We buy a bunch of fresh fruit. Chunk it up and freeze it. Experimented with the mix of fruit using banana and apples as sweetners with tart fruits to cut out having to add any sweetener to the mix.

Throw in a dollop of honey vanilla yogurt. Then run it through the cycle and you have fresh frozen yogurt

If you mix some frozen fruit, with some fresh chunked fruit, a little milk or yogurt, it makes a pretty good chilled smoothie as well with out having to throw some ice cubes in

Haven't tried adding any leafy greens or veggies to the mix. If I want those, then I'll make a salad

/ SMOOTHIE~!!!!!!! #5  
start with 1 banana in a blender then fill with ice. blend until smooth. Taste. Now slowly add other thinds, ie berries, apple, lettuce, whatever. when you like what you have drink it.

/ SMOOTHIE~!!!!!!! #7  
Oh No! You're not supposed to drink it. Spit it out! In Califuny, it's used as an enema. :cautious:

/ SMOOTHIE~!!!!!!! #8  
i thought real Californians simply sniff the food...they dont eat it.

/ SMOOTHIE~!!!!!!! #10  
My favorite is 3 cups of chocolate ice cream and 8 ounces of TGIF's Mud Slide.
That sounds yummy I thought about adding some rum in with some pineapple, coconut, and mango