Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow Blower dolly

/ Snow Blower dolly #12  
   / Snow Blower dolly #13  
I bought a used pallet jack and keep the seasonal attachments on pallets in my garage.
Very easy to maneuver and the pallets are free.
I removed the boards on 1 side so the jack rolls easily underneath.
I also modified my cabinets and 40 ton press so they can be easily moved.
Occasionally I work on large pieces and need to move my press into the middle of the garage for access.
I would say the jack was one of my better purchases.

90cummins

/ Snow Blower dolly
Thanks 90cummins, I sure appreciate all the ideas and options for moving this thing around. I don't really like the idea of leaving the blower outside, guess I wasn't raised that way. The fact of being able to keep it under cover, move, store it and hook it up easily is very important to me.

/ Snow Blower dolly #15  
Ended up using my two sets of Ebay casters to make a big 60" by 40" cart for my steel collection and one for my chipper. Maybe snowblower, next time.... :)

/ Snow Blower dolly #16  
Here is a good source for casters: https://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?catname=wheels&keyword=TCPL

I made a three caster dolly for my tree puller. I had one heavy duty caster that was an inch and a half shorter than the other two, so I was able to do it with two boards! :thumbsup:
P6210036.JPG P6210037.JPG P6210039.JPG

Tree Puller thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/277824-tree-puller.html

/ Snow Blower dolly #17  
Have you thought about mounting zero turn front wheels on a retractable frame to work with a rear remote? I don't think they need to swivel. If you mount them close to the center of gravity of the device it would roll around easily and be used for gauge wheels on your stone driveway.

Fred

/ Snow Blower dolly #18  
IMGP0110_zpse3c0f902.jpg

Landing gear from a Cessna 150.

Here's what I did, works well on the lawn and small stone yard. Pushes around the shop perfectly by hand.
Need snow to try it out, and paint. This wasn't cheap and took many hours of fabrication, too much in fact.

Rockshaft cylinder has 3 inch stroke from John Deere MMM. Wheels from a Toro commercial ZT mower.

Fred

/ Snow Blower dolly #19  
All good ideas and very nicely done!

My blower stays in the shed during off the season, but shares the winter months in the garage with my truck. I'm limited for space and using a dolly of any kind takes up too much room. So, here's how I did mine...

Picture (1) I removed the skid shoes, drilled 2 holes and welded 2 bolts (minus the heads) from the back side.

Picture (2) I used trailer leaf spring hangers that I've had lying around for years. Cut them down and welded the removed section on the backside of the hangers. This allowed the wheel hanger to be moved outboard because the foot of the shoe hangs outboard of the vertical mounting portion (as shown in pic. 1). The notch in the hanger allows me to mount the wheel/hanger when the skids are in either of the 3 height positions. I drilled the wheel stud hole off center so more weight of the blower would be shifted towards the front single wheel, this helped control the blower balance.

Picture (3) shows the completed wheel asm mounted.

Picture (4) shows the front wheel leg and bracketry made and installed. This assembly stays with the blower while in service and pins up like any other "kickstand" would.

Picture (5) shows total completion

The removal/installation of all 3 wheels takes about 30 seconds once the blower is hooked to the 3pt., and the wheel/bracket assembly's only take up a shoebox space on/under my work bench.

View attachment 343983View attachment 343984View attachment 343985View attachment 343986View attachment 343987

/ Snow Blower dolly
Great Job Duroc! A very professional looking job. I just took delivery of my 75" Martin Meteor yesterday. Excellant application to use on my blower! Thank you!
degerb

Last edited: