Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow Blower dolly

/ Snow Blower dolly #21  
Great Job Duroc! A very professional looking job. I just took delivery of my 75" Martin Meteor yesterday. Excellant application to use on my blower! Thank you!
degerb

Thanks for the compliments! It took me a while to figure out what would work best for my situation and how I was going to do it. Placement of the wheels for blower balance was probably the most challenging. If you notice, the rear wheels are pretty close to the centerline of the auger. I would suggest placing them as close to that point as possible without interferring with the skid adjustments.

It takes about 40-50lbs of lifting force to lift my 3rd wheel off the ground so I know the blower won't tip over backwards. Think of the 3rd wheel as a being a trailer tongue... it's better to have more tongue weight than to be too light.

I used all swivel casters and the blower can basically be spun around 360 degrees in its own space. It's a little tricky, but can be done. I think this setup balances out very well, and I feel safe moving it around in the garage. Anyway, you get the point.

There's a lot of good "dolly builds" in this thread. Now all you need to do is pick the one that suits *your* needs.
Good luck with your build, and don't forget the pictures.

Congratulations on your new blower - you're gonna love it! :thumbsup:

Last edited: