Loader Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right?

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #11  
First off I'd say it is out of balance as far as snow delivery to the fan. Is one auger flight is off by 180 degrees? The collection action ought to be chuting the snow into the fan. That's not going to happen the way the picture seems to show in your machine. Give us a picture of the entire front of the unit.

I have 2 Kubota blowers and the augers are SUPPOSED to be 180° out.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #12  
Last weekend, I discovered the hard way that my wife put some landscaping rock on the walk to our door.I have a TG2742 Kubota two stage blower, it's on the front of my G1800. The fan was shot. I ordered in a new fan, auger bearings and figured out eventually that you disconnect the shaft from the chain sprocket so you can pull the whole unit out. Put the auger bearings in, although they don't go all the way into the shaft, that took 3 hours to realize. So now, when I turn it on, it seems out of balance. The only thing I notice is that the gear box is more on one side than the other. How do I know? When I put the shear pins back on, there is no space between the auger and the gearbox on one side, and about 1/4" on the other. The side with the quarter " has more space in general I have the bearings installed in the same place, as there are markings from where the first set was.

Fan clears fine, no noise, just the gear box is over a little.

Suggestions? This is a two stage, so it has to be something simple. Naturally Kubota has no service manual.

Need some help from all you two stage snow blower experts!

Thanks!

The cross augers stub shafts being left and right float
"in the gear case" and are locked on the open end bearings
on the left and right side of the snow blowers housing.
You are forcing the gear box over from center as the one
stub shaft is not flush with the inner bearing race on the
left side.

The cross auger halves support the worm/spur gearcase
which rotate the cross augers for you.
The augers alternate scooping and pushing per
revolution on your unit

You should loosen up the allen screws on the left side and
right bearing locks(inner and outer if equiped) to allow the
cross auger assembly to center itself and then lock them in
place using blue loctite.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #13  
The cross augers stub shafts being left and right float
"in the gear case" and are locked on the open end bearings
on the left and right side of the snow blowers housing.
You are forcing the gear box over from center as the one
stub shaft is not flush with the inner bearing race on the
left side.

The cross auger halves support the worm/spur gearcase
which rotate the cross augers for you.
The augers alternate scooping and pushing per
revolution on your unit

You should loosen up the allen screws on the left side and
right bearing locks(inner and outer if equiped) to allow the
cross auger assembly to center itself and then lock them in
place using blue loctite.

I have been trying to get that message across to the OP.

I hope your skill as a wordsmith make it easier to understand.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #14  
I have 2 Kubota blowers and the augers are SUPPOSED to be 180ー out.

I agree, my BX2750 manual says one end "up" and one end "down"

Good luck
Mike

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #15  
I'm not talking about the 'ends', I'm describing the middle where the snow collects on its delivery to the fan. The 2 pictures are from 2 different random snow blowers that I found pictures of. Here are some more. All I've ever seen in the field is the collector section at the center of the auger frame is in phase. The 'ends' are out of phase generally because they are a different length. Check out the schematic, the augers meet in the center while the ends are 180 degrees out.

SeaRay's don't seen to be positioned that way. Snowblowers that are 180 degrees out at the CENTER usually have 2 rake straps joining them to shovel snow into the fan. These are the end drive type with a roller chain drive. Can't do that with a center drive gearbox.

He said the thing seems out of balance. Yeah, the shaft collars are not aligned per the gearbox float, but the parts books show spacers installed to take out the slop.

That's why I'm a plow guy. No need to worry about pea gravel, a twisted neck, a serpentine driveway path, or shear pins. My engine only turns 15,000 times to clear my drive. Any frozen dog poo gets pushed aside. No need to clean it out of a fan or chute.:D

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #16  
I'm not talking about the 'ends', I'm describing the middle where the snow collects on its delivery to the fan. The 2 pictures are from 2 different random snow blowers that I found pictures of. Here are some more. All I've ever seen in the field is the collector section at the center of the auger frame is in phase. The 'ends' are out of phase generally because they are a different length. Check out the schematic, the augers meet in the center while the ends are 180 degrees out.

SeaRay's don't seen to be positioned that way. Snowblowers that are 180 degrees out at the CENTER usually have 2 rake straps joining them to shovel snow into the fan. These are the end drive type with a roller chain drive. Can't do that with a center drive gearbox.

He said the thing seems out of balance. Yeah, the shaft collars are not aligned per the gearbox float, but the parts books show spacers installed to take out the slop.

That's why I'm a plow guy. No need to worry about pea gravel, a twisted neck, a serpentine driveway path, or shear pins. My engine only turns 15,000 times to clear my drive. Any frozen dog poo gets pushed aside. No need to clean it out of a fan or chute.:D

You can preach all you want but Kubota is very clear that the augers at the center are 180 degrees off.

Only one auger to a time feeds the blower.

They even have a decal in the housing to show proper orientation.

They may have other designs that work like you show but my 2750 and my 74" unit work the same. The large one is a one piece unit but made like the smaller 2 piece.

Attachments

• snowblower.jpg
    snowblower.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 281
  • PC260006.jpg
    PC260006.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 470
   / Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #17  
Kevin, ZZ..
You folks got me wondering about my 2750. I had sheared a bolt a few snowblows ago, replaced it without too much thinking. But thought it was shaking a bit more that I remembered. Thanks Kevin for pointing out the decal in the blower housing that showed the out of phase orientation. I had mine both coming together near the center like ZZ was postulating. I have now changed it so the augers are out of phase. Guess I will have to wait for more snow to see the effect. In terms of snow throwing ability, I did not see any difference in the amount thrown or distance. It is more than enough. I did notice the shaking. Not that much, more like when one has wet snow sticking. Need to pay attention to decals. Staring right at me..... but at 14F one doesn't look too hard. Removing a sheared bolt is cold work with bare hands. Orientation.....least of my issues at the time.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #18  
You can preach all you want but Kubota is very clear that the augers at the center are 180 degrees off.

Only one auger to a time feeds the blower.

They even have a decal in the housing to show proper orientation.

They may have other designs that work like you show but my 2750 and my 74" unit work the same. The large one is a one piece unit but made like the smaller 2 piece.

Agree!
Alternating the feed from left to right (180 offset) makes for an even feed.

Place them together and you are cram-skip feeding and will shear much more fan shear bolts, especially in heavy snow or wet snow conditions.

When I got my blower (used) the set up was wrong and it took a while to figure why I sheared so many bolts.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #19  
Blower is a thrower. Right.
larry

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right?
More parts on the way. Have to try and now remember the carb setting for the Snow king gas engine. Think its 1 1/2 turns:D