Loader Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right?

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #21  
Technically
They all are a snow caster but potato, potatoe, I have to check the boiler and make some phone calls.

I know, shut it leon!!!:laughing::thumbsup:

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #22  
More parts on the way. Have to try and now remember the carb setting for the Snow king gas engine. Think its 1 1/2 turns:D

What parts are you getting????

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #23  
Ok. but When I disconnect the bracket, I can move the gear box over, butit wants to go back to where it is. Do I have to loosen the shaft bearing in the housing?

I follow you, but when nothing is supporting the gearbox it, it wants to be off center I guess. When I put the last bearing on(shaft bearing) , it was a *****, wondering since i had the auger bearings installed, it determined the placement of the gear box.Is this more of a sequence order?

Follow? Here are some pics.

I think you may have the wrong impeller (the blade that throws the snow). It looks as it is backwards for the way your blower discharges the snow. That should not change alienment, but it could cause vibration.

Last edited:
   / Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #24  
To my knowledge, a snow blower is a two stage unit. A snow thrower is a single stage unit.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #25  
I'm not talking about the 'ends', I'm describing the middle where the snow collects on its delivery to the fan. The 2 pictures are from 2 different random snow blowers that I found pictures of. Here are some more. All I've ever seen in the field is the collector section at the center of the auger frame is in phase. The 'ends' are out of phase generally because they are a different length. Check out the schematic, the augers meet in the center while the ends are 180 degrees out.

SeaRay's don't seen to be positioned that way. Snowblowers that are 180 degrees out at the CENTER usually have 2 rake straps joining them to shovel snow into the fan. These are the end drive type with a roller chain drive. Can't do that with a center drive gearbox.

He said the thing seems out of balance. Yeah, the shaft collars are not aligned per the gearbox float, but the parts books show spacers installed to take out the slop.

That's why I'm a plow guy. No need to worry about pea gravel, a twisted neck, a serpentine driveway path, or shear pins. My engine only turns 15,000 times to clear my drive. Any frozen dog poo gets pushed aside. No need to clean it out of a fan or chute.:D
Hi zzvyb6,

Having done it the way you suggest, I can assure you that way is wrong. When the shear-pin is inserted so the augar ends come together in the center, nice and symetrical, they deliver the show to the blower in bursts, followed by no snow. The snowblower works much better with the augar ends opposite each other and smooth delivery of snow to the fan.

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right? #26  
Hi zzvyb6,
Having done it the way you suggest, I can assure you that way is wrong. When the shear-pin is inserted so the augar ends come together in the center, nice and symetrical, they deliver the show to the blower in bursts, followed by no snow. The snowblower works much better with the augar ends opposite each other and smooth delivery of snow to the fan.

Makes sense. I will have to try that next time I am working on the snowblower.

Aaron Z

/ Snow Blower just isnt right. Blower is a blower, right?
Ok, I got so involved, maybe more like obsessed, I forgot to post what happened.

After getting a dial indicator, the input shaft, or the shaft that goes through the fan into the gear worm was bent. Messicks was kind enough to help me with that piece. After that was installed, it still didn't work right. I took it apart again, sat there looking at it, ready to burn it to the ground when I noticed Kubota had sent me a clockwise fan. My tractor is counter clockwise. I was so angry, I beat the old fan to almost perfect, reinstalled the old fan and I now basically have a new blower since I did all the bearings, and shafts and one auger, which everyone is right, it has to be 180 at the center or it does not feed right.

I also discovered a must have for people that have paved driveways. Rubber tire chains. Find them on e-bay. They are the bomb. I go up all the blacktop driveways in the neighborhood with out slipping once.

There is no service Manuel for the blower, but I can write one now.

Thanks to everyone for your help.