Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow blowing rules of thumb

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #11  
smfcpacfp, is that a RAD International blower on the front? And what size? I've got a 50" sitting at the shop. In S. Florida. I'm ready. :D

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb
Rule # 10
Always have spare shear pins (as in 5 or more) and know where they are:eek:
Just some thoughts:D

I am problems with the second part of rule #10. I bought $20 worth of the two sizes of shear bolts, but I don't know where I put them!

Anyway I had about 15" of semi wet snow to clear after I packed it down with my 4WD SUV and managed not to break anything. I always have to keep reminding myself to slow down. Judging by what happened today, I have another 15" or so of new stuff to clear tomorrow. Mercifully it was colder today, so it should be less heavy.

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #13  
I bought $20 worth of the two sizes of shear bolts, but I don't know where I put them!
Ain't it the truth -- forget about them long enough and they become bolts holding together something they shouldn't:rolleyes:
I am work at home today dreading going up to the property -- it will be a walk in --blow your way out situation:eek:

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #14  
Still no snow to speak of here:(. There was another 'trace' overnight, not really even worth taking the broom out to clean the sidewalk.
Maybe I'll watch the video again..

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #15  
I too always drive up an down a gravel drive to pack down the snow.
No need to worry aoubt fllying stones then.
>I always try to blow East on a NS drive.
>When very cold I used chemical hand warmers in my mits.
>Wool and cotton...
>No cab and no sides make pr0per dress key
>always clear way back because if it melts and freezes it cant be blown.

glfinamn

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #16  
I would like to add that if you have smallish children like I do, who run around outside with the dogs make sure the kids and pets know to stay up and out of the way. You can't always see them when you're blowing. My kids are trained to stay on the deck with the dogs when I'm blowing snow.

-Justin

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #17  
And guess who has a 750' gravel driveway AND who's snowblower-carrying tractor had a catastrophic transmission failure Sunday? Uh oh.

JayC

You get my sympathy for the Tranny failure. But not for the 750' drive - mine is 2600'.

I used to sit and stare and try not to drool on anything. Now I have one of my own and am not very patiently waiting for it to SNOW!!

After two seasons of record snowfall cleared by tractor with FEL and back blade, I had enough and got both an old f250 with plow, and a blower for the tractor. And if we never get snow that's ok with me. ;) In fact I may have insured we don't now that I have all the right toys. :rolleyes:

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb
smfcpacfp, is that a RAD International blower on the front? And what size? I've got a 50" sitting at the shop. In S. Florida. I'm ready. :D

It is a RAD blower - 63" You may be ready for snow, but how about the next hurricane? I am ready for that.

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #19  
Wow, nice rig! Nice video too. Thanks for sharing it.

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #20  
smfcpacap: I got a small cloth bag and put all my shear bolts into it and put it in the tool holder of the tractor. It stays there all year, has shear's for the blower, post hole digger, & bush hog. Also a small hammer, drift pin, and open end wrenches that fir the bolts on each pin.