Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow blowing rules of thumb

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #21  
Nice NICE rig!! Something I've wondered about ....

When you snowblow, if you have a blacktop or concrete surface, are you trying to scrape the surface? Or do you run the blower just above the surface?

When snowblowing with gravel, well, is that even possible? Do you use guide wheels to keep the blower off the gravel?

We just about property in northern Wisconsin, so while the FEL and rear blade does me fine in NE Illinois, I'm thinking a snowblower will be needed on the new property.

Ken

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #22  
On gravel most will drive over first snow to pack it down, leaving a base of an inch or two of hardpack snow. Can use the shoes (some adjustable) and the toplink (on 3 point at least) to raise and angle the scraping edge and leave more or less behind.

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb
Nice NICE rig!! Something I've wondered about ....

When you snowblow, if you have a blacktop or concrete surface, are you trying to scrape the surface? Or do you run the blower just above the surface?

When snowblowing with gravel, well, is that even possible? Do you use guide wheels to keep the blower off the gravel?

We just about property in northern Wisconsin, so while the FEL and rear blade does me fine in NE Illinois, I'm thinking a snowblower will be needed on the new property.

Ken

On the concrete, I definitely scrape usually lifting the front tires off the ground. Most of my driveway is gravel, so you can read my gravel procedure in the first post here. I don't use wheels, don't need them and I run by shoes as low as they go after the first time.

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #24  
It is a RAD blower - 63" You may be ready for snow, but how about the next hurricane? I am ready for that.
Our house was dead center of Andrew. And has been hardened further since then. Now if only the power and phone lines were.:rolleyes:

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #26  
Rule #13 Make sure you stay back from scrubs ,especially if neighbor has a brand new string of LED Christmas lights on the scrub, and he wasn't ready to take down his lights.

Wraps those lights around the shaft so quick and so tight ...he won't be using that set next season..

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb
Rule #13 Make sure you stay back from scrubs ,especially if neighbor has a brand new string of LED Christmas lights on the scrub, and he wasn't ready to take down his lights.

Wraps those lights around the shaft so quick and so tight ...he won't be using that set next season..

If I didn't know how much of a hassle it is to unbind those lights, I would laugh with you.

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #28  
Must be a lot of fluffy snow there in Mich. First thing I took of my blower on the B3030 was the 'we think you're going to put your hand in the chute guard'. All it guaranteed was that you had to put our hand in the chute with wet, heavy snow. See yours is still on.

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #29  
Ain't it the truth -- forget about them long enough and they become bolts holding together something they shouldn't:rolleyes:
I am work at home today dreading going up to the property -- it will be a walk in --blow your way out situation:eek:

Put them in your onboard tool box along with the tools to replace them.

/ Snow blowing rules of thumb #30  
What do mean unwrapping them , Pulled in my driveway ,went in the garage I found my splicer scissors ,for some reason I didn't have them with me, and now lights are in about 20 different lengths.
I did ask him if he wanted the lights back ,to either splice them back together(right) or if he just wanted some spare bulbs. (led shouldn't need any)

He told me just throw them away ...He both laughed !!! Last evening he was outside when I did his drive. I asked him if he had anymore sets to take down.. He asked not to go over to the other side of his house.