Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow: If I had a Blade would it handle 28"?

/ Snow: If I had a Blade would it handle 28"? #41  
Re: Snow: The rest of the story

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( But then I would have to rig up a front blade on the FEL, and would lose my hyrdraulic angling.. which I love.)</font>

Trev,
There are several options that you could do to have the FEL and a blade AND power angle.

One is to mount the blade to the bucket. You may have to add a diverter valve to control the blade angle and bucket curl from the same control with the push of a button.

Another would be to use a quick attach. Then you could quickly switch between the bucket or the blade. Again, you could keep power angle by adding a diverter valve.

Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Snow: If I had a Blade would it handle 28"? #42  

Thanks, Moss.. I'll look into options like that over the summer.. too cold out there to mess around now. OTOH, our weather-guesser said that winter officially ends this Friday. As meteorolgists look at it. Somehow I think the rest of us won't notice. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A FEL, with an angling front blade.. now there's an attractive option. Or, perhaps a FEL and an angling rear blade.. if there is such a thing..

Thanks again for the ideas,
Bob

/ Snow: If I had a Blade would it handle 28"? #43  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Or, perhaps a FEL and an angling rear blade.. if there is such a thing.. )</font>

Oh Man, is there ever such a thing! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There are a TON of posts regarding blades, front and rear, working with FELs. They have power angle, up, down, tilt and roll. Every axis of movement is available with enough cash to buy the hydraulics.

Do a search for SNOW and PLOW in all forums and there are over 100 hits just from Feb 17th till tonight. Hope you have enough time to read them all /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Snow: If I had a Blade would it handle 28"? #44  

No kidding? I never heard anyone mention hydraulics on a rear blade.. that might be a great solution.. I'll do some searching. Thanks again!

/ Snow: If I had a Blade would it handle 28"? #45  

There was another thread a while back where somebody had done it and attached a picture. Sounds handy especialy with snow.