Snow Snow is coming again to VA!!

/ Snow is coming again to VA!! #11  
You guys in Dinwiddie might get hammered with this snow. At least you have your subaru to get around in. I know those are the two things I drive around in the white stuff, my 2615 and my subaru. Neither have failed me and I've pulled folks out of ditches with both.

/ Snow is coming again to VA!! #12  
In the roanoke/Lynchburg area they have now updated our totals accumulation to the 8" to 14" range.. This could be more than we got in December..

I wonder if I will regret buying chains..

Brian

/ Snow is coming again to VA!!
I was gonna head to the dealership my tractor is at today and see what was going on but I had too much running around to do. I did manage to come home and apply some rock salt to the driveway before we get the snow.

With that being said it looks like I'm gonna need another 3 or 4 car garage. My dad just closed on his house he sold here in the US and is moving to Sisal, Mexico. Looks like I'm gonna end up with a Husqvarna mower, powerwasher, Dodge 4x4 Dakota, tools, guns etc etc.

Just when I was able to fit one of the cars in the garage LOL.

2010-01-29171934.jpg

/ Snow is coming again to VA!! #16  
So, hows that "Global Warming" working for you Southerners :D

/ Snow is coming again to VA!! #17  
The low forecast for tonight is a rather brisk 8 degrees here in balmy NC. :eek: If you have any global warming to spare we'd appreciate some. :rolleyes:

/ Snow is coming again to VA!! #18  
So, hows that "Global Warming" working for you Southerners :D

It was 25 here last night.:cool: That is two nights in a row to get below freezing. The second time this month. Most winters, it usually doesn't freeze. So below freezing is a BIG thing here. 40 degrees and sunny today. Looking at rain all week. 40 degrees and wet is out usual January weather.
I was bundled up yesterday afternoon with my thick glove mitts on the backhoe digging up a monster pine stump. Cold hands at darkness had me quit. I have lights to dig with the backhoe, but called it quits for the cold. I was starting to hit water anyway. Gonna try to finish it and get it out soon. Too much water just makes the white clay become a suction on the stump when the tap root is broken. So it might be awhile before getting it out. I don't know what possessed me to start digging on such a large stump in the cold so close to nightfall.:eek:
hugs, Brandi

/ Snow is coming again to VA!!
Yep ...got some snow!! My subaru is doing great in the snow/ice though!!!

2010-01-31104956.jpg

2010-01-31105027.jpg

/ Snow is coming again to VA!! #20  
In the roanoke/Lynchburg area they have now updated our totals accumulation to the 8" to 14" range.. This could be more than we got in December..

I wonder if I will regret buying chains..

Brian
I live midway between Salem, VA and Christiansburg, VA. We got about 2 feet in the December storm, this one only dropped about 1 foot.