Snow plow adapted to the FEL

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #151  
I believe it was rectangular tube, that he capped the ends on, IIRC. But you can wait for Paul to reply with the "rest of the Story..."

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL
Is that channel you used on the face of the quick attach plate, or solid bar??

View attachment 340009

It was 4" X 1/4 rectangular channel caped at all ends. The reason I used it was because I had it here at the shop and not an inch to spare. Glad I used it now because it really beefed up the system.

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #153  
Reviving an old thread here but it has so much good information in it. It's exactly what I want to do. I just have 1 question...

I really like the idea of moving the plow back closer to the tractor but, I'd be plow dirt / stone driveways with it. I'm leery that the little bit of down pressure that is provided with the FEL in float will cause the plow to dive like a submarine. Especially during those early and late storms where the ground is as soft as sand. Thoughts and experiences of those that have done this would be great.

If I need to keep the pivot I'm wondering if I could somehow mount the pivot say 12" behind the QA plate. The issue would be that supporting the pins from behind the QA plate would cause a lot more stress on the welds.

/ Snow plow adapted to the FEL #154  
I built mine with a pivot(8ft.Curtis truck plow) and it works well.Shorter would be nice,mine's a little long but does work well.This floats the plow and not the FEL.I plow almost all gravel drives and roads.
4Shorts set-up is nice because you can add down pressure but he plows "paved" all the time.