Snow snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #11  
Just make lemonade...now you can use your Kubota to repair the yard...:D

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #12  
That was a good story.

1 lesson I have learned. When it's slippery and I'm stuck, don't fight gravity. I put my little 1830 over the edge of my neighbors driveway and couldn't back out. So - I put the blade down and kept going forward until I was in a good area. Then - raised the blade and worked my way out the grass until I was back onto the drive. Didn't tear up 1 blade of grass.

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #13  
At least you didn't hurt the grass.

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #14  
Stories like this give snow removal a bad name. When you take your time, have patience, a lot of practice and the right tools, it is a lot of fun. Actually taking your time, saves a lot of time, because bad things don't have to be fixed. I have been snowblowing 15 to 30 feet of snow a year for 30 years, so about anything that could happen, has happened.

Below is a mid winter picture of my house a few years ago. The rig on the right is my old blower. Cleaning off the roof is a nasty job, but get easier as the winter goes along since you just walk up on the roof, you don't need those pesky ladders.:D

House-from-driveway-with-Ya.gif

Last edited:
   / snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #15  
Stories like this give snow removal a bad name. When you take your time, have patience, a lot of practice and the right tools, it is a lot of fun. Actually taking your time, saves a lot of time, because bad things don't have to be fixed. I have been snowblowing 15 to 30 feet of snow a year for 30 years, so about anything that could happen, has happened.

Below is a mid winter picture of my house a few years ago. The rig on the right is my old blower. Cleaning off the roof is a nasty job, but get easier as the winter go along since you just walk up on the roof, you don't need those pesky ladders.:D

House-from-driveway-with-Ya.gif

Yeah, I grew up where it snows like that...time for you to move!!:D

Deano

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #16  
Don't feel bad, I got stuck yesterday also. When I plow out the end of my driveway, I drive down the road a little ways and off the edge a ways so I don't leave a pile of snow on the roadway. This time I pulled a little too far off the road and slide into the ditch. I pulled it out fairly easy with my truck though. If I was looking for entertainment, I should have gone ahead and got my truck stuck also.

/ snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #19  
Wow!:D
You should get into the snow removal business. :rolleyes:

If that little bit of snow caused all that, what will you do if you get a real storm with wind/drifts?

Kidding, As for every piece of equipment, it takes five minutes to learn how to drive it, a lifetime to learn how to operate it.

As others said, take your time and plan two to three moves ahead before just cracking the throttle. ;)

Cool story though, keep us posted after the next storm....

Sometimes it even gets to the point you need to break out the heavy artillery.

Attachments

• PIC00001.jpg
    PIC00001.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 487
  • PIC00005.jpg
    PIC00005.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 382
  • PIC00007.jpg
    PIC00007.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 303
   / snow removal fun. BX stuck, wife's truck stuck, yard destroyed #20  
Cleaning off the roof is a nasty job, but get easier as the winter goes along since you just walk up on the roof, you don't need those pesky ladders.:D
Hard to imagine you would get on that roof in the snow. Maybe call ahead for the ambulance so you won't have to lay there too long. I assume you know they make roof rakes so you don't have to climb up there.