Snow Attachments SNOW REMOVAL HELP

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #41  
4310 width is listed as 68 inches, the 4320 is I think larger and out 78 inch blower is only slightly wider than tractor.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #42  
Skimmed all the posts. I'm still in the rear mount blower camp. Yes, it's slow, but you do not need to go out and blow until after the storms over. Generally speaking, a complete waste of time to do until the storms over. Where i am, we get some good storms. And you have no banks to push back. Any kind of blade will require extra acrerage to push and pile snow. which will drift, and require more pushing Only time I've been out in the middle of storm is if we have to leave, or someones coming home. And i only clear enough for the vehicle to get in. Clean up the mess later.

Chains for the rear only, but i also would fill rear tires.

Good luck with your decision.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #43  
Chris:

I have a Kubuta L4310HST curtis cab w/ 7' Tufline rear blade, rear chains and rear tires loaded w/ Rimguard. Bucket width is 68"

It works OK for moving 4-5" inches of wet snow, but as others have said, you need to move the windrow over to make space.

Our drive is about 800 LF with the 500 LF @ 8% grade facing west. Snow drifts are not a problem at our site.

If you can find a snowblower; that would work well for you.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #44  
I don't know if you have heard of Northern Tool but they have blowers for under $1500. Can't tell you what shipping would be but hear is the site. hope this helps, I have just used my blower for the first time and can't believe the dif. We got A LOT of snow last year and I quickly ran out of room to push it in to piles. By the end of the winter the swing set, and several small trees had vanished. I wish I would have taken pics last year it looked like I lived in the mountains. Can't tell you how good they are but for that price a person can live with a few prob's. beats $4000!!!!

Braber 3-Pt. Snow Thrower — 72in.W Intake, Fits Tractors up to 50 HP, Model# BE-SBS72G | Snow Blowers | Northern Tool + Equipment

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #45  
nwltruck
I hope you will come back and tell us about it a year or two from now. :)

And do hope you have good luck with it this year. Where are you located?

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #46  
Heck I'd just get the 7 foot blade and chains and go on about clearing the snow. Forget all the worrying about where to put snow, drifting, yada yada.

Plow it and be done with it especially when the blade will cost you 2000 and the blower 5000. Angle the blade and take a swath to the right on the way down, and on the left on the way back, clear around the garage and parking and you're done.

Plus the plow is more versatile, won't clog, or toss gravel fifty feet to wherever.

You're going to need a blade anyhow because that blower cant get close to the garage or any other tight spots either.

No offense but guys like blowers that big because when they are working they look cool, and you're the baddest blower man in town. But at the end of the day a plow blade will last longer, be cheaper, and more efficient, and useful.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #47  
I have a similar drive, with a section at 12% grade. Also, same size tractor with my JD4300.

I use a Western 7' front mount blade and have a wing for winging the snow "over the edge" or further back to tier the windrow back. Worked great for gravel drive, but now have asphalt and use chains a bit more often now. Sometimes, need to push the snow going downhill and buzzing back up empty if snow conditions are just right and don't have chains mounted.

That's really neat. Do you have a link to a thread on your build/install?

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #48  
Heck I'd just get the 7 foot blade and chains and go on about clearing the snow. Forget all the worrying about where to put snow, drifting, yada yada.

Plow it and be done with it especially when the blade will cost you 2000 and the blower 5000. Angle the blade and take a swath to the right on the way down, and on the left on the way back, clear around the garage and parking and you're done.

Plus the plow is more versatile, won't clog, or toss gravel fifty feet to wherever.

You're going to need a blade anyhow because that blower cant get close to the garage or any other tight spots either.

No offense but guys like blowers that big because when they are working they look cool, and you're the baddest blower man in town. But at the end of the day a plow blade will last longer, be cheaper, and more efficient, and useful.

Where do you live?

I dont need a blower, but if I lived in the UP of Michigan or the NorthEast where it's not uncommon to get snowfall that measures 2" per hour (or more) and it may snow for a day or two, I'd be saving for a blower. Yes it can be done with a blade and FEL but then again you could survive without the blade and FEL and stay in the house till it melts.
Its an affordability / efficiency thing. You could spend hours pushing snow or minutes blowing it.

Did some looking online.
According to NOAA average snowfall for Detroit is 44", average snowfall for Marquette is 141"
Wedge

Last edited:
   / SNOW REMOVAL HELP #49  

Spoken like someone from an area with 52 inch annual snowfall (at least that's where your business website is, apologies if inaccurate) - we get over 125, it rarely melts between storms and where to put the snow is not a minor concern. The right tool depends a lot on local conditions.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #50  
Chris I sent you a private message!

Wayne