Snow Attachments SNOW REMOVAL HELP

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #51  
i use a front blade for dusting's 6in or less. for 7 to12 blade or blower,for 12 and up blower.chains are a must if you have any slope. as dead horse said sliding down a slope cause's large puckering, throw a spin in and the excitment goes way up :laughing: plus i use a 4n1 bucket for sand spreding

'

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #52  
That's really neat. Do you have a link to a thread on your build/install?

A few links from the past that may help. A search on " front Western plow "

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/7122-curtis-snowplow.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/19436-front-snowplow-bracket-help.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/9473-front-snowplows.html

If more questions, will gladly send or post more info.
The Western plow I purchased had what was called a "short" A-frame. Not sure of the availability of that anymore, but don't think it was necessary. I was trying to get the plow as close to the front of the tractor as possible as I was worried about side push. Has not been a problem and don't have additional weights added to the front end.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #53  
Heck I'd just get the 7 foot blade and chains and go on about clearing the snow. Forget all the worrying about where to put snow, drifting, yada yada.

Plow it and be done with it especially when the blade will cost you 2000 and the blower 5000. Angle the blade and take a swath to the right on the way down, and on the left on the way back, clear around the garage and parking and you're done.

Plus the plow is more versatile, won't clog, or toss gravel fifty feet to wherever.

You're going to need a blade anyhow because that blower cant get close to the garage or any other tight spots either.

No offense but guys like blowers that big because when they are working they look cool, and you're the baddest blower man in town. But at the end of the day a plow blade will last longer, be cheaper, and more efficient, and useful.

You're funny....Lets see you do that here. Plowed snow all my life. mainly w/pick-up and a fisher snowplow. Plowed with BiG AZZED tractors also(14,000lbs and 145hp). Need to push snow back, no driving up and down and forget-a-bout-it. Not unless you're Amish and going to walk out the rest of the winter.

I would think a good rear mount blower would be about $2,000.00? Than you still got you're FEL to clear around buildings.

And i did take a little offense, cause you don't know what you're talking about....52 inches annual snowfall? Plow that with an ATV....:laughing:

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #54  
Winters in central NH have varied a bunch over the last few years and it's tough to predict just what weapon will be needed (this year) to combat the snow. For the past ten+ years I've taken care of the light to moderate stuff on my 150' gravel driveway with an old Gravely garden tractor with 4' blower. It will peg gravel quite a distance though before the surface freezes. Now that I have a cab and heater on my Massey, I plan do the heavy/wet snow with the loader. I'll either adapt an old 7 1/2' plow I have to quick attach or bite the bullet and buy a Curtis so I can still swap back to the bucket easily when I need it. I didn't see it mentioned here but one of the nice features of a FEL-mounted plow is the ability to lift the blade (higher than a pickup or frame-mounted tractor plow) and push piles back (at least the parts not frozen). I had a rear blower on a previous tractor and liked it; I'll eventully buy one to replace the Gravely. Loaded R4's provide more than enough traction for me, but I'm not doing a hill.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #55  
A few links from the past that may help. A search on " front Western plow "

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/7122-curtis-snowplow.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/19436-front-snowplow-bracket-help.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/9473-front-snowplows.html

If more questions, will gladly send or post more info.
The Western plow I purchased had what was called a "short" A-frame. Not sure of the availability of that anymore, but don't think it was necessary. I was trying to get the plow as close to the front of the tractor as possible as I was worried about side push. Has not been a problem and don't have additional weights added to the front end.

Sorry - I wasn't clear. Plenty of front mounted plows on the site... I'm curious about the wing plow.

/ SNOW REMOVAL HELP #56  
   / SNOW REMOVAL HELP #57  
Heck I'd just get the 7 foot blade and chains and go on about clearing the snow. Forget all the worrying about where to put snow, drifting, yada yada.

Plow it and be done with it especially when the blade will cost you 2000 and the blower 5000. Angle the blade and take a swath to the right on the way down, and on the left on the way back, clear around the garage and parking and you're done.

Plus the plow is more versatile, won't clog, or toss gravel fifty feet to wherever.

You're going to need a blade anyhow because that blower cant get close to the garage or any other tight spots either.

No offense but guys like blowers that big because when they are working they look cool, and you're the baddest blower man in town. But at the end of the day a plow blade will last longer, be cheaper, and more efficient, and useful.

After receiving 3 consecutive days of 2 to 3 feet of snow about five years back, 3/4 mile of road to clear and the final straw that broke the proverbial back. The icing on the cake was the wind storm and another 2 plus feet of snow that filled in the 4 foot snow banks with wind driven snow. The 9.5 foot plow on my f-600 was done. Didn't have my 4x4 tractor then so the only thing left was a 2' Troy Built snow blower. Took 4 hours for the first pass of only 350'. About that time the fire department showed up with a D-7. Emergency money from the state helped clear paths for our vehicles.

Lesson learned, snowblowers send snow to far away places, places that are out of the way. I still use the Ford F-600 most of the time, faster and more efficient. But when the big ones come again, I will be ready now with the 74" Shulte rear blower on the 49 horse 4$x$4 Yellow MF tractor.

yada yada yada.:dance1:

And these days the state is broke.:shocked:

Attachments

• P2270023.jpg
    P2270023.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 128
Last edited: