Snow Snow removal with BX2200

/ Snow removal with BX2200
Unfortunately the budget won't allow for a snow blower attachment at this time. It's too bad, but due to a lack of foresight, I actually bought a 13hp 33” walk behind snow blower in January. It cost more new that the Kubota attachment but if I sold it now, I wouldn’t get enough to cover the costs. Maybe I’ll try to sell it next winter. So to start, I’ll be plowing with the FEL/rear blade combo. Thanks for the advice and suggestions!

/ Snow removal with BX2200 #12  
I have used a BX2200 with FEL and Rear Blade for three winters, and I drive forward, just as you describe. Works great for me, as my drive is paved as well. Compressed snow is no problem as long as it doesn't have time to freeze over. some suggestions, though:

1: Have skid/wear plates welded to the bottom of the bucket! Take a good look at the construction...you'll see that the sides of the bucket go past the bottom for welding, leaving a 1/4" lip that can gouge your drive. I had skid plates put on to avoid that problem.

2: Seriously consider using horsemat material as a cutting edge for the blade, as you will make marks on the surface of the drive. There was a thread here earlier this year that several people posted pics of this. I hear it works fine, and I plan on doing this myself this year to cut down on the marking.

3: Avoid chains. they will gouge your drive. I told my brother this, he ignored it. He's now wishing he listened! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4: Add work lights so you can see after dark. The stock headlights are pretty anemic. I posted a project for this some time ago. Seems that 90% of my snow removal was after dark.

/ Snow removal with BX2200 #13  
The BX22 book I have shows a front and rear mounted snow blower, but I don't know if it is allowed?

KC

/ Snow removal with BX2200 #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The BX22 book I have shows a front and rear mounted snow blower, but I don't know if it is allowed? )</font>

kcook,

I've seen the same set-up for other tractors...a front mount snowblower AND a rear 3pt. set-up on at the same time. I guess they show that either are possible with the tractor, but it really looks dumb.

A rear blower with a loader up front works well, and a front blower with a rear blade works well...but 2 blowers? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

~Rick

/ Snow removal with BX2200 #15  
I had looked at a rear blower as well, to save a few hundred bucks. But the thought of driving backwards, looking over my shoulder, didn't seem appealing to me. Sine I hve read some posters who have confirmed my concerns.

I guess if your snowblowing a few hundred feet it would be OKay, but with my 2200', I know that I can be at it for a few hours straight when the snow is deep. For my needs, the fron has proven to be the right decision.

As I told Tim, save your money and buy a blower.

paul

/ Snow removal with BX2200 #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the costs. Maybe I’ll try to sell it next winter. So to start, I’ll be plowing with the FEL/rear blade combo. Thanks for the advice and suggestions! )</font>

I just bought my 2200 a month ago so I haven't had a lot of experience with snow removal yet. The dealer I purchased it from told me that the back blade and fel is all they EVER use for snow removal in their lot (and at his home) and they could use anything. I decided to heed his advice, even though my old tractor had a 44" 2 stage blower on it that I think I might miss. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I am going to give this set up a fair try for a while because $300 for a back blade is much cheaper than $2500 for a blower. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Snow removal with BX2200 #17  
I went with the FEL and 3PT snowblower, a Puma, 54" got it for $1000. It had a work out this winter doing my driveway and about 10 neighbors 300 foot long driveways. It worked great had no problem with the 24inch plus dump we had.
If you can afford the 3 pt snowblower it is the way to go, BUT got to figure in a cab with a snowblower, very cold and wet without one, here is what I did.

Good luck

Attachments

• 254454-side view.jpg
    254454-side view.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 717
   / Snow removal with BX2200 #18  
this is one of those things u are going to have to find out for yourself. personally like the fel and rear blade combo for moving snow(and i get a lot) the front blower at times would be faster , but i hate giving up the bucket. all a matter of preference

/ Snow removal with BX2200 #19  
Hey Tom, really love that fancy FEL skid plate /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Thats a great idea and seems to be a easy solution to a difficult problem. No welding required. I'm good with wood /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Could you get a closeup pic of your solution.

Thanx, Ken

/ Snow removal with BX2200 #20  
Here you go, click up a few frames to my name. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
web page

I replaced the 2 x 4 with some 3 x 8 rough cut oak I had so they would last longer. It does not leave any marks on the driveway, good for snow and moving mulch /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you want the link for the $125 cab too?