Snow

/ Snow #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Well - the forecasters were right. We are getting snow right now. About an inch an hour.

However - a look at the upcoming weather. Friday - 36 Sat - 38 Mon - 41. And above freezing for the remainder of next week. It will all be gone, again, in another week.

/ Snow #3  
North East Florida, no snow, and we weren't expecting any, but they did send crews out over night to check bridge Temps and had brine trucks ready incase of icing.

Also, the elementary school took kids straight in, instead of waiting on bell. Funny part, it was far from the coldest tempt this year, got down to 31, but we have had several nights at 28 so far earlier this winter, and no similar prep...

/ Snow #4  
Yup, here too.....about 1''/hour, was out and did a quick sweep with snowblower on driveway so emergency veh. and what not can get up if need be. After I'm off the clock at 5 it's all over again.

/ Snow #5  
We're getting left overs from mid-west snow and cold temps are creeping in.

/ Snow
A week ago we hit - minus 20 F. It's +14 F right now - so this snow we are getting is VERY dry. Just went out to get the mail - accumulation is about five inches. Made a nice track with the Power Wagon - down my long driveway.

However - plowing this snow is not in the game. With the high temps forecast - it will be all gone in less than a week.

/ Snow
Got a friend in NE Montana. I'll be giving him a call. Hope he is doing OK. On top of the snow and cold temps - he gets wind. Blizzard conditions.

When we lived in Alaska - I enjoyed the winters, the snow & the cold. Not so much any more. At least, the temps that go below zero.

/ Snow #8  
It hasn't broke 15 above here for about 5 days and we have snow, not a lot but snow don't bother me anyway. I'm retired. Amy just got her Suburban stuck in one of the rental drives, she cannot back up for beans and backed smack dab into a pile my renter pushes off the edge of the driveway and she was really stuck, so bad that even 4wd wasn't going to move it so I had to call the tow service up town and get them to winch her out. Cost me 100 bucks. Told her not to back up ever again, anywhere. Cold have gotten one of the tractors out but it's so cold here, I didn't have any desire to do that. Women...lol I purposely have our driveway set up so she can turn around and drive out as backing isn't a strong point with her.

/ Snow #9  
I'll be out in the shop tomorrow getting my CK water cooled TIG torch plumbed into the water cooler and taking care of some other stuff. I need to cut a lid for a friend's beer keg cooker out of stainless sheet.

/ Snow
I've been out here for 42+ years. This current Arctic Blast is the coldest and longest lasting I've ever seen here.

SURE glad to see warming temps.

I hear you - 5030. I really enjoy using my tractor. However - no desire to go out in below zero temps and do anything with my open station tractor.

The house is warm - the tractor is OK in its carport stall - the driveway is fine - all is well with my world.