Snow

/ Snow #121  
It was 74 here Sunday, March 3. I used to ice fish well into March. We've lost about 4 weeks of winter since I was a kid.
I blame it on Daylight Savings time. Every spring we add another hour to the day. All of that accumulative sunshine has to do something. 🥴😵‍💫

/ Snow #122  
I had over an inch of rain last night here in northern Michigan. Snow is gone, and we are in s snow belt area. Waiting for the frost to leave. But the farmers are hurting for moisture. Only about 65% of normal snowfall for the winter. Jon

/ Snow
We have had our fair share of snow around here. But all this warm weather - it all melts in a day or so.

With the ground still frozen - the snow melt just runs off. I fear we are in for another VERY dry summer.

/ Snow
It's been a light rain since 3:30 yesterday. Rain turned to really wet snow - 4am today. We now have 3/4" of wet snow. Maybe the ground will be thawed enough to let this snow sink in when it melts. Otherwise - another bout with the mud.

Update - it's now 7:45am. We now have 4.5" of snow and it's still coming down. This could get serious.

Last edited:
   / Snow #125  
Just rain here…..we need it. I harrowed the horse pasture, overseeded and fertilized it 2 days ago. Just waiting on rain.

/ Snow
That was a total flash in the pan. Ended up with 4.5 inches of snow - Friday evening. By the following day - it's all gone except in the deep shaded areas.

Here we are - Sunday morning. The entire yard and everywhere else is wet and squishy. But we really do need all this moisture. I just will not be moving the tractor anywhere.

/ Snow #127  
We got 2 days of light rain. Loving it. More on the way in a few days…..
supposedly.

/ Snow
I thought this would be my first night without a fire... then I got out of the shower and said "Maybe not!"
Ha, ha. It got real warm a few days ago. So I turned down the electric heat. Brownie woke me in the middle of the night. He moved from his side of the bed and snuggled right up next to me.

Since I was already awake - I got up to use the bathroom. Man! It had cooled off in the house. I had turned down the heat too soon. Turned back up - everybody was happy!