Snowblower Modification

/ Snowblower Modification #41  
Your confidence is in direct opposition to my experience.

Barring vulcanization, I contend there are no consumer products or processes that will bond an "attachment" to a blower impeller.

Hardware might.. for a while. ;-)
Try this one:

McMaster-Carr

... The one described as vibration resistant 7538A31. It used to be called "Flexible, high peel strength epoxy" Same product and sticks to most everything. Give it the long cure warm. Should work very well sticking rubber to the front side of the blades. Id sure use a couple pop rivets near the inner edge on the rubber.
larry

/ Snowblower Modification #42  
Tractor Supply has belting for round balers that comes in several widths & lengths. I was going to try it on my Buhler but the clearance goes to almost nothing at the top where the snow exits. I tried graphite paint in the chute and haven't had any plugging since so am holding off on the mod.
YES. Glad I read on thru. I was going to suggest this. Its about 3/16 thick with several ply reinforcement. They have 4" width and up on the shelf.

/ Snowblower Modification #43  
Today I woke up to about 2 inches of heavy wet snow. Based upon the snow blower's performance in removing this snow, I believe the modification was worth every penny. The snow may not had been thrown as far as I would have liked. However, I didn't experience any clogs whatsoever. Attached are some pics. One shows the wetness and consistency of the snow in my Kubota's bucket. The second shot shows the blower's discharge.

We got pretty much the same that morning. My blower performed similarly to yours in regard to distance with all that wet stuff. I have a gravel driveway and was concerned that with the warmer temps, I was going to be slinging rocks. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the base layer was still frozen, so the blower worked very well. Usually when I have 2-3 inches of the wet stuff, I throw the rear blade on it.