Snowblower Modification

/ Snowblower Modification #31  
I don't know anything about the clearance issue but I can tell you I wax my chute. It really helps reduce clogs. Just smear on some car wax.

Hummm that would be my snow blower chute getting the wax.

/ Snowblower Modification #32  
I don't know anything about the clearance issue but I can tell you I wax my chute. It really helps reduce clogs. Just smear on some car wax.

Hummm that would be my snow blower chute getting the wax.

:D I'm glad you clarified that statement.:laughing:

/ Snowblower Modification #34  
I just believe that some snowblowers are better then others. I think fan diameter has much to do with it too. I am wondering weather decreasing the fan to housing distance will make a blower more suceptable to having the thing freeze up when parked, especially if allowed to thaw. . That situation is a real PITA!

I have a blower project I am working on and was going to have a new fan made on account of very large clearances. One problem though is that the housing is not a constant size. If this rubber extension idea works, that may be the answer.

/ Snowblower Modification #35  
I did this using pieces cut from old tire years ago. It works great... Yes, it is better after the mod, no question. For those that have some gravel in your snow, this is nice since you remove the gap that the rocks get caught in... (they can still wedge in the auger gaps though)..

/ Snowblower Modification
Regarding the mod, I would say the jury is still out. I think the litmus test will be when we get that heavy wet snow that comes out of the chute like wet cement. Previously my blower clogged with that type of snow. If it doesn't in the future, I would say the mod was a success. There is no bigger pita than getting out of warm cab and unclogging a chute.

Attachments

• Racoon in Bird Feeder EM.JPG
    Racoon in Bird Feeder EM.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 167
   / Snowblower Modification #37  
Tractor Supply has belting for round balers that comes in several widths & lengths. I was going to try it on my Buhler but the clearance goes to almost nothing at the top where the snow exits. I tried graphite paint in the chute and haven't had any plugging since so am holding off on the mod.

/ Snowblower Modification #38  
I painted my chute with graphite paint last summer, while I've never had it plug, this does seem to help with distance. Blowing snow from a largish parking area sometimes has me blowing the same snow twice because distance just isn't there. I have a couple more modifications in the planning stages, one being paddle extension if warranted. It's just too cold to check it this time of year. Too cold to do anything about it anyway.

/ Snowblower Modification
Today I woke up to about 2 inches of heavy wet snow. Based upon the snow blower's performance in removing this snow, I believe the modification was worth every penny. The snow may not had been thrown as far as I would have liked. However, I didn't experience any clogs whatsoever. Attached are some pics. One shows the wetness and consistency of the snow in my Kubota's bucket. The second shot shows the blower's discharge.

Attachments

• Wet Snow Bucket.jpg
    Wet Snow Bucket.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 288
  • Wet Snow Chute.jpg
    Wet Snow Chute.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 345
   / Snowblower Modification #40  
Today I woke up to about 2 inches of heavy wet snow. Based upon the snow blower's performance in removing this snow, I believe the modification was worth every penny. The snow may not had been thrown as far as I would have liked. However, I didn't experience any clogs whatsoever. Attached are some pics. One shows the wetness and consistency of the snow in my Kubota's bucket. The second shot shows the blower's discharge.

Looks good. I thought you'd find it worked. You might want to use some Teflon or Fluid Film spray on the impeller also to minimize the potential for freezing up overnight.