Snow Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower #12  
Here's what the kit will look like. It eliminated 90% of my vibration and most of the noise. My understanding is that the new 1026 series come also with the cv joint on the small shaft. Have not find out yet if it would eliminate the rest of the vibration.
DSCF5211.jpgDSCF5217.jpgDSCF5221.jpg

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower #13  
Yep 1026r has cv joint from blower and the long one going to middle of tractor.. Much nicer than the old setup very little vibration. But honestly if all ujoints were lined up vibration wasn't to bad or at least on my 2305.

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower
I gave in and bought the kit, what an amazing difference and worth every penny! It only cost $306 as well so it wasn't as painful after all!

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower #15  
I gave in and bought the kit, what an amazing difference and worth every penny! It only cost $306 as well so it wasn't as painful after all!

Good for you! Have you also consider the front blower shaft with the cv? I've got one being ship, "just waiting for Labrat to get back to work". :p From the feedback I've got, it should take care pretty much of the rest of the noise.

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower #16  
At least the hard part is over.. I was able to get it back in the box...

Another question guys hoping its ok to use the same thread. I've ordered the cv joint for the blower but since I installed the new pot kit I've slipped the chain on the blower 4 times. I've also noticed a lot of play developing on the impeller forward and backwards. Bearings? Nothing? Ideas?

Thx!!!

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower #19  
if your impeller is sliding forward, you will need to address that before you break excessive
shear bolts or do chain/sprocket damage. The white metal hub that drives the impeller has
set screws that are supposed to secure it to the shaft. It is common for this hub to not
stay put, and there are a few different fixes you can do. I believe that there is a bit of
design error, in the fact that there is no set screw directly on the key (which i thought was
common practice in a situation like this).

1 fix is to double check the set screws, see if they can be tightened to secure the hub
to that shaft. We have found that sometimes these screws don't really bite into the
shaft for a good secure lock. In some cases, we have removed the hub, and drilled
a hole over top of the keyway and put in a set screw there.

another fix, (and it will be quicker and get you going) is to tighten the set screws the
best you can, (making sure the fan is pushed back away from the front of the housing)
and then install one of those 1" shaft clamps around the shaft and tighten it down good,
which will lock it onto the shaft preventing the hub/impeller from sliding forward.
here's one at grainger:
DAYTON Collar, Shaft, 1 In - Shaft Collars - 1L702|1L702 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Thanks Dutch445!! You were right on set screws the were loose. Ill be getting a collar as well! I did seem to stretch my chain as if I tighten it its tight on top and loose on bottom, only 4 links seem to match up so off to JD tomorrow but that's fairly painless!

I also found the pin through my driveshaft on the blower was broke and had some wobble. Have you replaced this shaft with a cv joint shaft, worth it?

Thx!