Snow Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower #21  
Be careful when adjusting the chain. Chances are that if you turn the sprocket by hand slowly you will notice the chain becoming tight and then loose. This is cause by both sprocket not being perfectly strait. I broke a lock collar because when I first adjust the chain by JD spec, I did so with the chain at the loose section not realizing that by turning it it would get way to tight. The big sprocket was the one giving me the most problem as it was made in 2 parts an welded, not a very good design in my opinion. The smaller shaft is not much better but not as bad as the big sprocket, in my case anyway. So I end up changing the large sprocket with a one piece sprocket. Now the chain doesn't flap around as much so it cuts down on the noise. Here are a few pics. showing the old and the new sprocket, also the broken collar. Hope this help.

DSCF5199.jpgDSCF5202.JPGDSCF5959.jpgDSCF6098.jpgDSCF5192.jpg

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower #22  
the CV joint makes for a much nicer running shaft.
sometimes those old parts can get very noisy and
cause a lot of vibration as many have mentioned.

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower
New chain check! Great feedback. The machine purs again. I did check on the cv joint assembly for the blower end and it was $475 for the kit. Ouch!!!

/ Snowblower noise on 2305 front blower #24  
New chain check! Great feedback. The machine purs again. I did check on the cv joint assembly for the blower end and it was $475 for the kit. Ouch!!!

Keep an eye on ebay. I just bought one, so did another member of TBN for under $300.00 The seller name was "alsparts01"