Snowblowing RPM

/ Snowblowing RPM #21  
WFO ALL the time. That gets the greatest distance of throw. Done a little research, and the engine in my BX2670 is run to 3800 RPM for some applications, and once the warranty is off, I'm cutting the wire and cranking it up some. I'm highly unhappy with the overall performance of this 2 stage blower. The 40 year single stage thrower I used to have blew about as far.

I've read where some people are overdriving their snowblower by as much as 33% and getting some real performance from them.

I just wish I had gears instead of that POS hydro that eats up so much power to run. I bought the highest horsepower of the model line, and I find it lacking in power when blowing snow. I expected decent performance with this big of an investment, and all I got was gizmos like hydro drive.

/ Snowblowing RPM #22  
WFO ALL the time. That gets the greatest distance of throw. Done a little research, and the engine in my BX2670 is run to 3800 RPM for some applications, and once the warranty is off, I'm cutting the wire and cranking it up some. I'm highly unhappy with the overall performance of this 2 stage blower. The 40 year single stage thrower I used to have blew about as far. I've read where some people are overdriving their snowblower by as much as 33% and getting some real performance from them. I just wish I had gears instead of that POS hydro that eats up so much power to run. I bought the highest horsepower of the model line, and I find it lacking in power when blowing snow. I expected decent performance with this big of an investment, and all I got was gizmos like hydro drive.

You ever operate a gear tractor?? Can never find the right gear for the application. Many times you would need to depress the clutch as the blower starts to bog down the engine.

Oh do a search; I have NEVER heard of anybody being disappointed with a Kubota/Blower combination!

Describe your particular beef with it and maybe some of us could help troubleshoot.

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ Snowblowing RPM #23  
WFO ALL the time. That gets the greatest distance of throw. Done a little research, and the engine in my BX2670 is run to 3800 RPM for some applications, and once the warranty is off, I'm cutting the wire and cranking it up some. I'm highly unhappy with the overall performance of this 2 stage blower. The 40 year single stage thrower I used to have blew about as far.

I've read where some people are overdriving their snowblower by as much as 33% and getting some real performance from them.

I just wish I had gears instead of that POS hydro that eats up so much power to run. I bought the highest horsepower of the model line, and I find it lacking in power when blowing snow. I expected decent performance with this big of an investment, and all I got was gizmos like hydro drive.

This is a joke, right? This is a BX25 with a BX2750D blower at 3200 rpms -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kK3rDxKPCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WJelIWnjQ

How far do you need to throw it, anyway?

/ Snowblowing RPM #24  

I blow my snow like that all the time, just to show my neighbor, who has a John Deere, exactly how a snowblower should work, when you run the throttle at the correct RPM. LOL
He runs his throttle so slow, you can see the snow pulses coming out of his chute, and he thinks he is doing his tractor engine a favor by running it so sloooooow. OK with me, but I wouldn,t be one bit surprised to hear the engine blow.

/ Snowblowing RPM #26  
You ever operate a gear tractor?? Can never find the right gear for the application. Many times you would need to depress the clutch as the blower starts to bog down the engine.

Oh do a search; I have NEVER heard of anybody being disappointed with a Kubota/Blower combination!

Describe your particular beef with it and maybe some of us could help troubleshoot.

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

Only for about 40 years.............

/ Snowblowing RPM #27  

How far do you need to throw it, anyway?

No joke. Maybe I just have expectations too high. When a $18,000 tractor can only match the performance of a smaller 40 year old tractor.....

As for what's wrong. The hydro pedals are not easy for me to run. The brake pedal is stupid high. The mower doesn't cut as well as my 40 year old Wheel Horse did, the two stage snow thrower barely exceeds the throw of the 40 year old Wheel Horse single stage snow thrower. About the same as your videos show. The "efficient diesel" burns as much fuel as the 40 year old flathead did. I have made some changes, such as painting with graphite paint which has helped, but for a years wages, shouldn't one be able to expect a little more performance? In this world of people thinking a cup holder is equivalent to performance, my expectations are obviously too high. Like I said, for a years wages, shouldn't one be able to expect better performance than a 40 year old flathead gave???? Maybe I should just go back to the Farmall Super C.

/ Snowblowing RPM #29  
I went from a 1997 John Deere LX188 17hp gas engine with single stage 38" snowblower to a 2013 Kubota GR2120 21hp diesel engine with two stage 46" snowblower. Horsepower per inch of snowblower in both applications is same for practical concerns. The two stage diesel outperforms the single stage gas hands down, no comparison. Throwing distance, ground speed, volume of snow moved, very happy with my upgrade. HST is way to go on these smaller machines, I only need to use brake pedal on HST machine to start (no complaints here). Maybe you should have tried out the pedals before you spent a years wages on it. Philip.

/ Snowblowing RPM #30  
I'm glad it works for you, but it does not work for me. I'm the type of person who can use a mirror, don't need a back up camera. Ditto on running a clutch and gear shift.

The mowing quality is far worse, and the snow blowing distance is about equal. Not better performance.

I did try the peddles, they sucked. The dealer talked me into them, largely I suppose because that's what he had. I regret the purchase, I paid a lot, it didn't work out, I would not recommend a hydro for anything. The heat in summer, lose of power year round, just isn't worth the high dollar to buy one. Case closed.