Chains Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires #21  
I hear you Alan:D It's been snowing here non-stop since I posted the pictures.

We got another 5" last night and are suppose to get another 5" today-I'm so happy I bought my snowblower last January-the backblade just wouldn't handle all the snow-I'd have 10 foot snowbanks piled up by now :eek:

Fortunately the snow is heading to my TBN brothers down south soon;)

MARKO,
Italked some salesman today.Im not sure what to get.One said usually on bar tires they use ring chains.Another said use the new chisel tooth.Do you have the ag tires and if so what did you get?
ALAN

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires #22  
Escavader, I have several sets of old truck chains if you're looking for a set to modify. Actually, I have about 20 sets of different sizes and types.

Otherwise, depending upon what you want, tractor tire chains for farm tractors are pretty reasonable, or Labonville has truck chains you could cut down.

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires #23  
Escavader, I have several sets of old truck chains if you're looking for a set to modify. Actually, I have about 20 sets of different sizes and types.

Otherwise, depending upon what you want, tractor tire chains for farm tractors are pretty reasonable, or Labonville has truck chains you could cut down.

HI,
Ithought about making a set,ive made them for other applications,but not a bar tire.Ihave two set of 15 inch pickup truck chains i dont use,Iwas gonna criss cross up a set,but didnt know how well it would work on these tires.If i had some round loops i would try to make my own.
Im a ways away from you,i wish i had known i took MOM to CABELLAS shopping TUESDAY.Iappreciate the offer though.
ALAN
PS DID YOU KNOW there is a restored osh kosh perminately displayed outside the FARMINGTON fairgrounds

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires #24  
I haven't been up that way in a few years, have family in W. Paris and occationally run up to Labonville for goodies. I'll have to check it out.

I have about 3 pallets loaded with tire chains, new, used peices etc.... that i have gathered over the years. Also have pliers etc..., so easy enough to patch something up if you're ever down this way.

I have to hit Cabelas Sunday morning and get my shopping done.

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires #25  
I haven't been up that way in a few years, have family in W. Paris and occationally run up to Labonville for goodies. I'll have to check it out.

I have about 3 pallets loaded with tire chains, new, used peices etc.... that i have gathered over the years. Also have pliers etc..., so easy enough to patch something up if you're ever down this way.

I have to hit Cabelas Sunday morning and get my shopping done.

Iappreciate the offer.Iwent out and looked and i have very little clearance behind the tires.Imight need wheel spacers,im awaiting an answer on the KUBOTA SECTION from others with the same tractor.Im headed up to the RANGELY area for x mas with the family this weekend ill swing by the fairgrounds a snap a shot for you .They had it in the FRANKLIN JOURNAL a while back.It was the towns main plow for years.It went in disrepair and was rustin away,and a bunch of folks got togeather and restored it.They built a permanant roof over it at the fairgrounds so all could view.You can see it from the road out front,cant remember if there is a fence though.Ill get you a teaser pic any way SATURDAY:D
ALAN

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires #26  
Should be able to just change your wheel setting to widen the stance out.

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires
Hey Alan, I have 4 link v-bar chains on the my rear R4 tires and 2 link v-bars on the front R4 tires.

I have a white stone driveway and keep my tractor outside under my woodshed so I don't have to worry about any damage to cement or asphalt. Since I am using my chains on my trails I chose the v-bars. They are terrific but if I had to do it again I would buy 2 link on the front and back-better traction and ride.

I had to reverse my front wheels in order to provide enough clearance for the chains.

Everyone's circumstances are different but personally before I bought wheel spacers I would just find smaller chains like the Norse ones.

My B700 has huge chains on the back and I hate wrestling with them each fall:mad: The front tires are much smaller so the chains weigh much less and are easy to put on. They also don't need that much clearance so maybe your BX's won't either.

Marko

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires #28  
Northland; you could add transverse/diagonal links between the 4 link front chains using just ordinary chain and quick links.[terminology] I did this for my little Kubota 4 link chains and it did improve the ride.:D

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires
Thanks Egon-I will look into doing that.

We have a TSC store (Canadian cousin to Tractor Supply) here and a Tractor Supply Store "across the river" in Michigan. Maybe one of them would have the links?

Last year I looked into getting additional v-bar links from the same place I bought my chains from (tirechains.com) but it was going to cost too much to have them done up with the the v-bar links.

/ Snowblowing the trail, up the hill, with chains on all four tires #30  
Northland: A picture of the chains on the Toy Kubota. I just used ordinary chain and "Split links". The kind that can be spread open and then hammered closed. They are easily available at hardware stores. :D

Attachments

• tractor chains.JPG
    tractor chains.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 247