snowplow size

/ snowplow size #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
gravelman here..i have a Kubota 2650 i was going to put a light weight 8 foot plow on it... might be too big, Perhaps 7 footer in the 600 lb range would better.. anyone out there with suggestions ?? i like the Erskine too.

/ snowplow size #2  
How wide is it? For snow, I like a plow that is 2' wider than the tractor. That way you can angle it all the way over and still be wider than the wheels.

Aaron Z

/ snowplow size
the tractor is 56" wide and the plow is 96" wide...has a full angle width of 7' 3" clearing.. that is the 8 footer. The 7 footer im looking at has a full angle width of 6'3" so the 7 footer would still be wider than the machine by a good margin

/ snowplow size #4  
Is this a loader mounted plow, subframe mounted front plow, or back blade? Also, what kind of tires do you have, and how much/how heavy of snowfall do you usually deal with?

I run a 7' back blade on my tc29, which is a little heavier than your Kubota. In light snowfalls of only a few inches, i could use an 8', but anything more than that and the 7' is all i want. The main problem is that it pushes the back of the tractor sideways. I have R4 tires. Perhaps with ag or turf tires it would be better.

/ snowplow size #5  
Too wide and the tractor just gets pushed around...I'd stick with something that covers your tracks when angled as noted above. I'd go for front chains as well. Skip the rears for now- saves money and rears are a PTIA. You can always add them later.

/ snowplow size #6  
the tractor is 56" wide and the plow is 96" wide...has a full angle width of 7' 3" clearing.. that is the 8 footer. The 7 footer im looking at has a full angle width of 6'3" so the 7 footer would still be wider than the machine by a good margin
I would probably go with the 7 foot blade and a heavy weight box on the 3 point hitch (might need front weights as well) unless you never get more and a couple of inches of snow.
You might be able to handle a larger one, but it could also push you around and with 1700# (or 2200ish if you have the cab) you dont have a lot of weight to keep it planted.

Aaron Z

/ snowplow size
Thank you all..great tips an advice. this is a skid steer mounted plow... i have front and rear chains, now and then we get big snows but not too often...im sticking with the 7 footer... thanks much to all of you Almost forgot..i have a 64" snowblower on the back so plenty of weight...

/ snowplow size #8  
Thank you all..great tips an advice. this is a skid steer mounted plow... i have front and rear chains, now and then we get big snows but not too often...im sticking with the 7 footer... thanks much to all of you Almost forgot..i have a 64" snowblower on the back so plenty of weight...

Nice combo!! I think the 7' is the better choice. I've mentioned it in other threads, but my dream is a back blade on my New Holland with a blower on the front. Windrow with the blade and clean up with the blower. I'm too cheap, though.

/ snowplow size #9  
I had a six ft.sub-frame mounted on a L3130 HST and currently have a 8ft.FEL mounted on a L4240 HSTC and wouldn't want a larger plow on either one in deep snow.I think a 7ft.is going to be too much for your machine.

/ snowplow size
ok, i appreciate your input.... i want to clear the width of the machine when fully angled...if that does not do it...my wife will shovel