snowplow size

/ snowplow size #12  
I run a 7' front ssqa blade on my L4060, and at 600 lbs it is as heavy as I would like hanging out there. Also I find myself angling the blade much less than maximum to keep the front end straight. Even the 7' rear blade can push the tractor around in deeper snow.

/ snowplow size
i think you could crush gravel with that beast

/ snowplow size
ok, im going with a 7 footer...for sure...thanks alot

/ snowplow size #15  
Just a thought, when you think of trucks, most 3/4 tons weigh 7,000-8,000 lbs and push a 8-9 foot plow typically.
I know your tractor is different, but use it as a rough estimate on sizing anyway.

I wouldn't want an 8 foot plow on a big snowfall, especially if theres ice underneath it like we always have.

/ snowplow size
good advice...thank you

/ snowplow size #17  
I operate a 5 ft on my CUT and do not suggest going wide as the plow will constantly push you sideways.
So much so that I destroyed my rims!

This year I even welded mine into a straight pusher configuration with a removable 'Ear' on one side. as with one ear all spill off is predictable and saves me time while still moving a respectable quantity of snow.

/ snowplow size
wow, that did cause you some grief... the only thing that keeps me thinking 8 footer is the fact i do not have a big driveway..am not plowing any roads. If it gets deep i can angle it straight and use it as a pusher and yet if it is light... the extra clearing width is beneficial....and it is only $200 more for an extra foot of plow. i don't want to get a 7 and regret. This is the beauty of these forums..i get advice from all over... and it is good stuff

/ snowplow size #19  
The problem with a big plow is how do you ever make the first pass to clear an area to get started? I do like the bigger plow idea tho for the smaller snows…….

/ snowplow size
i just turn around an drop the blower