Snowsport Plow on my BX2230

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #1  

joesco

Silver Member
I bought this Snowsport Plow for my Toyota Tacoma two years ago and thought I would see how it would mount on my newly acquired BX2230. I had one issue with the plow last Winter in NH and that's was during a storm when we were getting 3" per hour. I only made 1 pass during the storm with the plow on my Tacoma and had a difficult time the next morning pushing 10" without the ability to lift the plow while backing up.

Over the summer, I converted the loader bucket to QA using the setup from Ai2 Products and also purchased the QA Receiver Hitch.

I got the plow out of storage yesterday and installed it on the QA Receiver. It almost looks to be a perfect snow removal setup, plow on front and a blower on the back. Has anyone used the Snowsport plow on a Kubota?

Have the lift capacity now for the plow seems to be is a big plus.

Thanks! IMG_20171121_115137.jpgIMG_20171121_115154.jpg

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #2  
That looks to be pretty wide?
I think you might have issues pushing a big snow fall. My 60" plow would stop me if plowing really heavy wet snow at times.

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #3  
If you try to stay ahead of the snow you might be alright. You'll have you hands full otherwise. Does it angle?

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230
If you try to stay ahead of the snow you might be alright. You'll have you hands full otherwise. Does it angle?
Thanks, yes it does manual angle left and right.

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #5  
Looks like it would put a lot of stress on the loader arms when rain at an angle position.

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #6  
I have a 60" snowsport on my rtv500, used it for 8 years. It works well up to 8" snow fall. I noticed you have wings on yours, how does the snow roll off when angled ? I couldn't plow straight ahead the snow comes over the plow. I like that you can raise the plow with the loader good idea. Good luck.

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230
I have a 60" snowsport on my rtv500, used it for 8 years. It works well up to 8" snow fall. I noticed you have wings on yours, how does the snow roll off when angled ? I couldn't plow straight ahead the snow comes over the plow. I like that you can raise the plow with the loader good idea. Good luck.
Haven't used the angle function yet, when I used it on my Tacoma so I'm not sure how the snow would roll off. Have plowed 6 storms with it and you are right, 8" is about the max it can handle, so several passes are required. When plowing you have to push the snow off to left and right.

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #8  
In my opinion, you'll be pushing a lot of snow with that thing. Personally, I would invest in 2 sets of chains. Use one set on the back and see if it cuts it. If not, then chain up the front wheels as well. Then I think you'll be cooking with gas.

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #9  
Sorry, but i see a big fail coming with that setup when you get into the heavy wet white stuff.

/ Snowsport Plow on my BX2230 #10  
I do think it's kinda cool that if you don't want it on the tractor you can throw it on the truck. Heck in one video I a seen a guy plowing backward with in mounted on the rear hitch of a truck.