So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ?

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
We have all done it at one time or another. But I have to this day never got my tractor stuck so badly that I couldn't finagle it out using the FEL and bucket curl. At least one incident sticks out well in my mind. At the time my TC-40D was but a couple of months young and I was still learning. I had just finished using the BH to dig out a rather large stump where the woods meets my grass line. It was an old walnut tree that just had to go because it kept fouling the yard with those large nuts that play havoc with my finish mower deck. Anyway, I had just drug out the stump and was pushing the loose dirt back in the hole with the FEL bucket when I got distracted for a split second and ended up following the dirt in the hole myself. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Two wheels in and two wheels out......

The FEL kept me from doing any damage (other than my pride) and when I finally got my composure back I was able to use the bucket curl to get me out of a embarrassing situation. I am sure the neighbors must have heard my war cry that afternoon &#*%*#@%. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We have all been there at one time or another so share with the rest of us, how bad did you get your tractor stuck? Were you fortunate enough to get it back out without additional assistance? If you have any pictures to share I know we would all like to see them.

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #2  
President's Day Blizzard of '03. I was trying to go uphill to plow out the paddock (cuz the horses couldnt get out of their stalls.) Even in 4WD, it took me 10-15 minutes to move maybe 30-40 yards using the bucket.

BTW, I don't call it "stuck" unless you have to get the pickup truck or other vehicle to pull you out. I call it "temporarily detained." /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #3  
Me, I have NEVER gotten any vehicle stuck, and I am sticking with that story. Now if you want to know how my brother-in-law came over and got it stuck, I could . . .

I found out long ago that 4WD is actually a code word. I means: "gets you stuck FARTHER away from help"

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #4  
Hmm, worst for me was earlier this spring. Got the tractor in a small field on the other side of the huge manure pile. Buried it in manure to the top of the front tires, middle of rear axle.

This was with an ag tractor too!
Ken

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #5  
At the first house we built, I rented a Bobcat to dig out an area in the front of our front porch where I was going to build a brick courtyard. I needed to dig out a bunch of old sidewalk and get some dirt out to lay the base.

Well, I didn't realize at the time that it's not a good idea to be digging into dirt right after a big rainstorm. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I buried that Bobcat almost to the tops of the tires in mud. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Having never operated a Bobcat before, it took me a good hour or two to figure out how to use the bucket the right way to help push my way out. Of course, all of the neighbors had come out to watch but never offered any advice or suggestions on what to do, even though I found out later a few them knew exactly what to do. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Luckily for me, unfortunately for you, people back then didn't run around with cameras or video cameras (actually I don't think we even had them back then! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) the way they do now, so no pictures to post. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #6  
You know, if memory serves, there was a post under the photos thread about a year ago about tractors that were stuck. There were some truly amazing pictures of machines, big and small, stuck mostly in mud. Some looked like dinosaurs in the La Brea(sp?) tarpits.

Mark

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #7  
I've told this befor but my worst closest to actually STUCK was when I had a pile of multi-floral rose (wild rose) puched into a pile on the creek bank edge, (pile 8~12' high and 20+ across.) I was making last pass on one side pushing MORE into the pile getting ithigher and the bank gave away. (was a burried teliphone pole used as an errosion barrier.) that broke free as front end was up off ground pushing with FEL the left rear spun the pole out of the bank. nearly dumped the tractor and the shorts! luckly the tiller on back dug into the bank and stopped the down ward slide... now front end was postioned UP on a pile of crushed greenery (mostly thorns & brambles!) rear end setting 1/2 way into the slightly flowing creek and basically high centered on the tiller/3pt and backhoe brackets under the tractor one on each side of the pole!) I ended up having to DIG by hand & shovel a bunch of loose brambly stuff untill I could get the tiller and pole freed. then locked diff and drove out over the pile using FEL and curl... took about 2 hrs time... Shoveling out my shorts well that was a bit less time! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #8  
It's funny you should post this at this time because it was just yesterday I had my kubota stuck for the first time in four years(except when I fell through the ice on the dugout)
I was on the side of a new pond I was digging and I was trying to climb over a tree thet was down and got hung up on the darn thing. Well as I was trying to bucket myself out I ended up sliding down the bank a$s backwards nearly rolling it. I got the truck and managed to pull it out and back up the bank without tipping over. To embaressed to take pictures of it. I think its time to build a roll bar for it..(grey market tractor) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #9  
A few years ago when I had a Ford 1320. I filled in a pond about 10'x10'x 6' deep. Everything was going real good, (I should probally mention, I never pumped the water out) of course the more I filled the more muck I got. On my last couple of pushes with my box scraper I went a little to far and it sucked me in before I could flinch. I have to say I had a pretty good laugh when the only thing above groung was my head, the arms of the loader and my rops. Thought I would need a helicopter to pull it out, but a friend with a brand new Ford F-250 diesel gave it a shot and after a couple of tries pulled that 1320 right out. Made a sucking sound when it came out too. Hooking the chains up wasn't any fun and seeing I was the one to bury it, I had to do the hooking. A good power wash and she was back in action.

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #10  
Only had my tractor for 3 weeks and the worst it has been stuck so far was while it was still on the delivery truck. The F8000 Ford flatbed did not make the turn through a small creek in our driveway and ended up with its left rear wheels out over nothing and the right front wheel in a hole. The driver had to use the tilt bed to gradually push the wheels back onto terra ferma.

Moosetracks