So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ?

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #31  
I'll let my pic explain "one" of my situations...

Attachments

• 510629-Tractor Stuck.jpg
    510629-Tractor Stuck.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 555
   / So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #32  
That is some real muck, GoodGuy. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I copied your photo and resized it for a little easier viewing. How did you get the tractor out of the mud?

Attachments

• 510684-StuckDeere.jpg
    510684-StuckDeere.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 380
   / So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #33  
I was dressing up erosion on my newly built pond dam with box blade. Found a patch of slick clay and slid right down to muck at the base. FEL had nothing to bite on to get out, and Super C wasn't pulling 7k lbs up 3/1 slope.My wife thought I was nuts when I told her to pull me into the pond with 250' rope. I drove the Case through 3' of water to gentle sloped edge and out. Took a while to lose that pucker! Glad pond wasn't near full yet and has hard bottom. After that episode, I planted grass and waited months for it to take hold, then just filled washouts with fel.

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #34  
Jinman.......
Again I'll let my pic speak for itself. Good Job I had some trees handy & the hoe mounted, eh ??
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Eric

Attachments

• 511088-Tractor Out.jpg
    511088-Tractor Out.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 420
   / So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #35  
I was bringing logs to be cut up and split in an area that was excavated for a new house a few months earlier. What the picture doesn’t show is that tractor is at the base of a small hill or now a valley were the black dirt was pushed to base of the hill. Little did I know water had collected and froze in the valley, I had been using that path all winter. It was a Sunday afternoon in late March in Wisconsin and the valley had thawed enough for the IH656 front end to break through and into a slurry of muck. I removed the logs and used the FEL to lift the front and placed 2X10’s under the front tires. The IH656 is now level and I tried to back up the hill and the tires spun. I then placed 2X10’s in front of the rear tires and tried to go forward, I had to only go approximately 10’ before I was on untouched soil. I didn’t make it! I stopped the 656 after the I heard the 2X10 break and decided to leave the tractor until the ground froze again, but what happened was the tractor sunk in the muck another foot or so. I almost got it out when the ground froze again. It was August before I could drive on that area. Thanks to the implement dealer a few miles away who pulled me out, he didn’t charge me a sent, he said it was worth the laugh.

Greg

Attachments

• 511313-Tractor0003.jpg
    511313-Tractor0003.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 299
   / So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #36  
Attached is a picture being pulled out.

Attachments

• 511369-Tractor0004.jpg
    511369-Tractor0004.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 305
   / So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #37  
My 4 boys were young and wanted to play hockey on the pond next to our driveway. The ponds about 25 yards wide, 40 yards long, and 12' deep. It was February and my neightbor just told me he cut a hole in his ice and it was a foot thick. We had'nt seen temperatures over 10 degrees in two weeks but we kept getting snow every day so it kept piling up on the ice and the boys were too small to shovel it all. Dad has a day at home in the office and being a nice dad like I am, I decided after lunch to plow some snow off the pond with my Kubota 275DT w/FEL and 5' snow blower on the rear. Into the shallow end I drove pushing the snow to the far end of the pond. Put it in reaverse and returned to where I stated. I noticed that the snow along the edge was a bit slushy which was hard to believe considering how cold it was. I made a second pass six feet out farther when I saw what looked like black lighting race along the bank of the pond. Than a sickening cracking sound and down I went! Some of the ice broke into 12 to 24" pieces but the piece the tractor was on held together and the main ice flow to the right of me hit against the right side of the loader arms and stop it and me from sliding down to the bottom of the pond. I jumped off, ran to the garage, got my longest chain, wrapped it around the loader arm and threw it up on the bank. Once again, I jumped into the water and climed up the bank. Now what to do? Called a local excavation contractor/friend who was not home so I changed clothes and drove into town to find help. When I returned home the boys had got home from school. I was concerned that they would think I had drowned. When I possed that question to my eldest son he replied "No Dad, we couldn't believe you were that dumb"
Moral of the story... Kubota's don't float! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ?
Wow Jrrcorp good story. Glad you weren't hurt and no serious damage was done. I'll just bet that incident taught you what pucker power was all about. I keep my TC-40D away from my pond at all times. I have to admit that I have had the urge in the dead of winter to use it to clean the snow off the pond ice, but then I remember just how cold that water is just below the ice and it snaps me back to reality. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #39  
Not sure if this qualifies as bad as the others, but...

Back in my rookie days, I had a D4 or 6? that was loaned to me through my BIL. First time for me with a track machine. I was doing site work at my new house and figured this thing could help remove some rocks that were poking out of the ground in the future lawn area. So off I went, pushing and digging(yep, with a dozer) and had one rock that did move, but I couldn't get it out. Before I realized what I did, I had dug a mote around this rock that was about 5' deep. This 'little' spud turned out to be one huge potatoe, but since the dozer could move it back and forth, I kept at it.

Next thing I know...CLANK...the track broke. One of the pins snapped. So here I sit, knowing nothing about this machine that was stuck in a big hole. I was worried that the owner of it would not be a happy camper, so I tried to fix it. I used a couple of cumalongs to bring the track back in place and try to reconnect it. Turns out the master pin broke. I got it to within an inch or so of reconnecting, and then the cumalongs broke!! Now what do I do?? I had a buddy that wrenches on these rigs, so I called him. He couldnt stop laughing after I told him what happened and what I tried to do. I felt pretty stupid after he told me that all that I needed to do was remove a plug, which would have released the grease for the slack adjuster. I was able to reconnect the track finally, but had to travel about 2 hrs away to find a grade 8 bolt big enough to fit.

The sad part, I blew almost 2 days on this rock and fixing the track. As it turns out, the rock was HUGE!! I ended up using a 580 extend-a-hoe to dig next to it and bury it deeper. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ So, how bad did you get your tractor stuck ? #40  
Yeh, it's funny how the simplist of jobs turn to disaster in the matter of seconds. With me, I told my wife that I was going to move some dirt & wouldn't be any longer than an hour; well, 2-1/2 hours later, I'm back in the garage with nothing accomplished. I sure hope that the Kubota that didn't float, didn't have any permanent battle scars.