Buying Advice So I've been kicking tires on new tractors, my first mistake..

/ So I've been kicking tires on new tractors, my first mistake.. #21  
Thanks guys I'm a little concerned about the tier stuff but from what I gather these xr4100 series diesels have regens at every 50 hours vs 4 hours with the 4000 series. I guess I'll find out how it holds up though hahaa

Not to take anything away from the 40xx units... But I think you made a good choice opting for the 41xx unit instead. Shibaura makes a fine engine, but 5hr ReGens are ridiculous

/ So I've been kicking tires on new tractors, my first mistake..
Thanks TSO I'm hoping it will serve me well and hopefully be mostly trouble free. I just finished reading most of the owners manual and it describes the canister as a combination cod/dpf unit. It sounds like a little different technology, maybe that with the common rail fuel system will work well. It also mentions that regens last 15-20 minutes.

Kyle in TX asked about options, best I can tell from reading the owners manual I got all options except the creeper gear, ground speed pto, and factory radio. And I went with the synchro transmission instead of hydro.

/ So I've been kicking tires on new tractors, my first mistake.. #24  
I think you will be pleased with the cab and ac, I am a native of NOLA but never had a tractor with ac when I lived there. Forty years later I would not think twice about it, a cab is the way to go.

Curious why you went with the gear instead of the hydro?

/ So I've been kicking tires on new tractors, my first mistake.. #25  
I think there is more hand wringing about tier 4 than there are problems. Most seem to report back that there had not been problems after the first few months of ownership. So I think you will be just fine and you selected a good brand. More pictures please.

Well I didn't get much seat time at all today. I had other obligations this morning and when I got back I decided to go ahead and remount the rears at the widest setting and fill them while I was at it. I snapped a couple before and after pics and one with the wheel off. 20150926_171829.jpgView attachment 441982

Attachments

• 20150926_175906.jpg
    20150926_175906.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
View attachment 441984 Here's the other pic. It's pretty dusty at the moment, I'll probably have time to clean it up tomorrow.
About the transmission, I don't know I just prefer a gear tractor. I know I'm in the minority here on the forum, but it's just what I like. In fact I just sold my little hydro kubota this morning.