So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough?

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #202  
There's a name for that group of people. I think it starts with the letter L.

And there's a philosophy for that type of thinking.

'The trouble with the world is due to everyone who doesn't think like me.'

It enables the control of the masses through "divide and conquer".

Good job, keep those lemmings running to the sea.

Rob

Last edited:
   / So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #204  
I think some people's idea of a manufacturing plant is what Henry Ford did with the Rouge plant in the 1920's. Only raw material, such as iron ore, went in one end of the plant and cars came out the other end. He even owned and operated those ore mines. I guess anything less is "just assembling".

History of the Rouge

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #205  
I think some people's idea of a manufacturing plant is what Henry Ford did with the Rouge plant in the 1920's. Only raw material, such as iron ore, went in one end of the plant and cars came out the other end. He even owned and operated those ore mines. I guess anything less is "just assembling".

History of the Rouge

Yes, but it was a much 'smaller' world then. We were a powerful country because we had ALL the resources here to build Henry's car.
Now we are getting ready to gear up for electric cars with Li-ion batteries. The place in the world that has most of the lithium is Brazil, not us but we still want to compete in the world market so we go to Brazil to get the materials to do that. The days of industrial autonomy are long over!

Rob

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #207  
Yes, but it was a much 'smaller' world then. We were a powerful country because we had ALL the resources here to build Henry's car.
Now we are getting ready to gear up for electric cars with Li-ion batteries. The place in the world that has most of the lithium is Brazil, not us but we still want to compete in the world market so we go to Brazil to get the materials to do that. The days of industrial autonomy are long over!

Rob

No disagreement here. Speaking of Brazil, since we have no rubber trees here Henry bought a plantation there so he could grow his own rubber for making tires. This was all before "artificial rubber". Various problems caused that not to work out as planned, but gotta give it to Henry for trying to source everything himself.

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #208  
We buy Deere for our Farm because they hold resell value better than any others. Ken Sweet

if you look at it, actually you are paying more up front for most green tractors so you in turn will have a higher resale. so actually they dont hold there value. ( the newer tractors) yes the older Deere's like 4440 and those row crop and bigger "utility" size tractors do hold pretty good.

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #209  
No disagreement here. Speaking of Brazil, since we have no rubber trees here Henry bought a plantation there so he could grow his own rubber for making tires. This was all before "artificial rubber". Various problems caused that not to work out as planned, but gotta give it to Henry for trying to source everything himself.

Yes, you're right he did out source after all!

Rob

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #210  
if you look at it, actually you are paying more up front for most green tractors so you in turn will have a higher resale. so actually they dont hold there value. ( the newer tractors) yes the older Deere's like 4440 and those row crop and bigger "utility" size tractors do hold pretty good.

Yes, but what are you paying extra for? A parts supply unequaled by any other tractor company? One reason they hold value is that it is well established that you can get any part in a day or so for just about anything Deere sells. It's daunting and I've used that service, why wouldn't I buy Deere?

Rob