So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough?

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #211  
Yes, but what are you paying extra for? A parts supply unequaled by any other tractor company? One reason they hold value is that it is well established that you can get any part in a day or so for just about anything Deere sells. It's daunting and I've used that service, why wouldn't I buy Deere?

Rob

I have never had trouble getting parts for any of my tractors no matter what brand and some of mine are well over fifty years old.

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #212  
I have never had trouble getting parts for any of my tractors no matter what brand and some of mine are well over fifty years old.

OEM parts? What tractors do you own? I got parts for my JD riding mower from over 20 years ago in two days.

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #213  
OEM parts? What tractors do you own? I got parts for my JD riding mower from over 20 years ago in two days.

Three Fords, one Case, one Massey Ferguson, three Kubotas and one John Deere.

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #214  

Must be interesting getting OEM parts for Ford tractors.

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #215  
I heard that John Deere owns a company that supplies most common parts needed for most all tractors. Ken Sweet

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #216  
I heard that John Deere owns a company that supplies most common parts needed for most all tractors. Ken Sweet

Deere does sell parts for other tractors.

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #217  

Case? Is that new or IH which sold out in 1985?

So which company has been around the longest and didn't sell of its name to anyone else? New Holland? No, it wouldn't be them. And which company can you get parts for it's 1946 'B' tractor? John Deere!

JD wins the parts debate hands down.

And what did I say. That you couldn't get parts? No, "A parts supply unequaled by any other tractor company?" That still holds.

Rob

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #218  
Deere does sell parts for other tractors.

Sure, Most all dealers have a A & I account, no matter the brand. They quote OEM and when the customer starts out the door because of sticker shock, They can supply a lot of parts that are needed through a aftermarket company at half the price. Ken Sweet

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #219  
Yes, but what are you paying extra for? A parts supply unequaled by any other tractor company? One reason they hold value is that it is well established that you can get any part in a day or so for just about anything Deere sells. It's daunting and I've used that service, why wouldn't I buy Deere?

Rob

Ive seen first hand you cant get all parts in a day or so. Ive waited more than a few weeks for alot of diff parts for the JD dealership. Not only that the parts are twice as high thats why ill stick with my MF.:thumbsup:

/ So why do you buy Deere? Even when times are tough? #220  
if you look at it, actually you are paying more up front for most green tractors so you in turn will have a higher resale. so actually they dont hold there value. ( the newer tractors) yes the older Deere's like 4440 and those row crop and bigger "utility" size tractors do hold pretty good.

The last few Deere we bought where not any more money than the others we looked at.