Sockets -

/ Sockets - #1  

Temp97

Bronze Member
I can't see the numbers on my sockets without the use of a telescope!!! Get'n old. There was a thread about how to darken them in but I can't find it now that I need it,, tried most things to include finger nail polish but the engraving is not that deep on the old craftsman sockets and it just rubs off. Anybody know the thread or got ideas??

Thanks

/ Sockets - #3  
I think what you may be looking for is called India ink. It is sold at most stationary stores. just ru it on over the lettering you wantto darken then wipe off the extra. It is kind of like staining wood. Wipe it on, let sit for a few then wipe off excess. Let it sit for a while to dry and you should be good to go.

You may have to do it again in a few years but until then you should lessen your need for that telescope.

/ Sockets -
Now there's something I haven't tried. That stuff sticks to everything, especially the things you don't want it too.... Thanks

/ Sockets - #7  
If the size is recessed in the metal take a bright colored crayon and rub it on the socket and then rub off, the crayon will fill in the recessed numbers.

/ Sockets - #8  
You could try dykem blue put on wipe off,just don't get any on yours hands.It takes a few days to wear off.It's used for laying parts in machine shops.

/ Sockets - #9  
How about a pair of glasses?

/ Sockets - #10  
I just got a big set or stickers that are made for sockets. I did a internet search ,I think for socket wrench stickers? and found them there for very little $$ Included were sae and metric stickers as well as some other goodies like magnetic stickers to mark the toolbox drawers. Real nice for $20 bucks!!