Solar Trickle Charger

/ Solar Trickle Charger #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That device is hardly chincy )</font>

I know.. I said "not" so chincy. Considering the price is 9.99 for the product it does make you wonder about the slave labor /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif or whatever they used to build it.. but Like you.. I use a few of those cheapy's to maintain and power a few things.

Soundguy

/ Solar Trickle Charger #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now I am looking for an exterior cigarette lighter plug I can add to my tractor )</font>

For about 4.99$ radio shack makes a cig plug with battery gator clips on it. I have one on all my 12v tractors. Not good for actual cig lighters.. but good for 12v accessories.

Soundguy

/ Solar Trickle Charger #13  
I checked the Radio Shack web site and did not see anything, do you have a number for the item??? I know I am asking for a lot. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Solar Trickle Charger #14  
I don't have a number.. but it is a 'force-feed' stocked item on the wall in the stores. They carry an abundance of cig adapters.. if they didn't have that one.. would be easy to buy one going to bare wire and adding gator clips.. or simply add the bare wire to your tractors E-system.. etc.

Soundguy

/ Solar Trickle Charger #18  
I found what I wanted at the web sited listed. BUT when you add shipping it is more then the item. Radio Shack is great because they are local no shipping just 6% tax /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks again for all your help, it is on my weekend project list!

/ Solar Trickle Charger #19  
My wife's 2004 VW Beetle came with a solar charger, as do a lot of the VW's. Has suction cups to stick on the window. Probably wouldn't hold up in the weather though.

/ Solar Trickle Charger #20  
have you thought of connecting the unit directly to the battery? or with some other type of connector? cigarette lighter plugs are sort of clumsy.

mike