Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #1  

To20Chris

Platinum Member
Tractor
LK3054
I thought I would post some of what I found when comparing the Kubota B7510 & B7610 to the Kiotis. I almost bought a B7610, and it is a very nice CUT, but it was not the right unit for my uses. It would appear they are designed primarily for mowing.

1. The Kubota B's are much lighter than any of the Kiotis. This is mostly because they have a ladder frame. The light weight makes them easy to transport, and gives them low ground impact.

2. The ladder frame allows some of the components (like the mid PTO) to be moved up higher, and gives good ground clearence.

3. They use a 3ph mounted backhoe, but I suppose that does allow more ground clearence with the hoe on, and keep the weight down.

4. They have fairly powerful motors for driving mowers.

HOWEVER - I don't plan to do much mowing with mine (bushog on occasion), and won't be transporting it. I'm got a FEL & BH, which is what it will be doing most of the time, so the light weight is mostly a disadvantage. So I started looking at other brands. I looked at many on paper, and checked out the Iseki (MF1428V) in person which I didn't like, and it would have been $2k more than a B7610 (I don't think that dealer had a very sharp pencil).

I will admit that I did not consider buying a tractor from a Chinese, Indian, or Eastern European company, because it's still a lot of money, and I am not confident in their industrial mfg capability, service, or their ability to survive in the market long term. I am confident in Korean heavy industry, so the Kioti (Daedong) was very interesting. I found the CK20HST to be mostly superior to a Kubota B7510/7610:

1. The CK20HST is about 600lbs heavier, due to traditional gear-case construction. Also, it looks & feels well built. The fenders on a B7610 are obviously thin guage and bend easily.

2. The CK20HST was about $700 cheaper than the B7510, but had more features. The B7610 is $1k more. In general, Kubota leaves things off the lower model units that you would really want, in an atempt to move you ever up the price ladder. the Kiotis is well equipped. The B7510/7610 have "quarter-inch" lift control - you set a relative height, not an absolute height. This might be nice when mounting an implement, but would be a pain other times. The CK20 has the normal height setting found on the better Kubotas. The B7510/7610 don't get the "double frame" found on the B7800. The Kiotis are stronger than either, and the materials and build quality is every bit the equal of the Kubota.

3. The B7610 does have bigger tires than a CK20, but then it costs more too.

In the end, I got an LK3054 with a Rhino 2408 FEL and 65A BH for $350 more than a B7610, and it is simply a whole lot more tractor. And when it comes to re-sale, I'm betting that a bigger, more powerful Kioti would still be worth at least as much as a Kubota B7610 - but then I don't plan on selling it!

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #2  
To20Chris,
Thanks for validating my decision. I always like it when someone agrees with me. It rarely happens at home, or work, for that matter. My 3054XS will be delivered tomorrow. I hope I can sleep tonight. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Lablovers

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #3  
TO20Chris, you found about what I found when researching. The Kubotas were very nice and I always thought I'd end up with one, but the Kioti was just too good for the money to pass up. LabLovers, You're probably in bed right now, trying to get some sleep. I hope you can get a little rest as you're going to need it tomorrow for seat time! John

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #4  
It just must be my geographic area but I'm finding no one offering a CK20 HST for less money than a B7510 HST. The Kioti generally comes out $500 more. I guess they're getting really popular around here /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series
MarshallTractor: In reality, I had initially eliminated the CK20HST because I got a quote on the phone from a local dealer that was $500 more than a B7510, and I had a very good Kubota dealer about 5mi away. I only started looking at them again seriously when I decided the B's were too light. At that point I went and looked at & drove a CK20HST, and promptly decided that I liked the Kioti tractor better than the Kubota B7510/B7610, even ignoring the price issue. I actually think it is worth more than the B7510, as you get more, but then you do need to consider the total package - including the dealer.

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #6  
Geography does indeed play a role in the prices. In my area, the Kubotas and Deeres were much more. I know others who've bought those for a little less than Kioti. I would still pay for the Kioti myself after all the researching I did for year on this one. The extra weight and lift capacity would be worth $500.00 to me. John

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #7  
When I started my search all I knew about was Deere and of course, Kubota. They both make some very good machines and I have no intention of knocking them as they obviously work well in lots of applications for lots of people. I had a local Kubota dealer suggest either a B7500 or B7800 for my use. I looked at the suggested models and then went to look at his selection of used tractors. In the used area was a low hours LB1914. I'd never even seen or heard of Kioti. The doggone thing looked pretty beefy for a small unit and had under 200 hours on it. The asking price was if I remember correctly $7300.00. I didn't pursue it any further since I knew zilch about Kioti and wasn't in any hurry to purchase. My mind was made up to learn more about Kioti. I discovered this website, Kioti's website and several dealer's websites soon after that. There are a lot of good machines out there but I'd have to say Kioti is hard to beat for $$$$ and specs. There's my two Lincoln head coppers.
DMB

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #8  
There's no denying that the Kioti is a heavier tractor. But looking at specs in printed literature, the Kubota B7510 has more 3pt hitch lift capacity, virtually identical loader specs (as far as lifting), and slightly more PTO horsepower. With the Kubota, you can also adjust the stance of the rear tires width-wise. Not sure if the Kioti has this feature.

To Kioti's credit, it has position control over the 3pt hitch if I remember correctly. It also has the option of the subframe mounted backhoe, which I'm not sure if the Kubota does or not.

Whatever the case, you will not make a mistake getting either one of these tractors.

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #9  
<font color="blue">B7510 has more 3pt hitch lift capacity</font>

That is an incorrect statement.
The Kioti CK20 HST lifts 1109 lbs.
The Kubota B7510 HSD lifts 1058 lbs.

The Kioti has a wider width tread @ 44.1"
The Kubota has a narrower width tread @ 42.4"

Edit:
Kioti clearly holds the edge for Loader lift height.
CK20 (KL120) - 81"
B7610 (LA 272) - 69.5"
For Kubota you have to step up to the LA302 FEL
to match the lifting capacity of the Kioti KL120 - 770 lbs.

Don

/ Some thoughts on Kioti vs. Kubota B-series #10  
Thanks for catching my mistake, Don. I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I guess that's what happens when you're shopping/comparing 5-7 different tractors. The stats get misremembered.

I think the tread width you have listed for the Kubota is the minimum tread width. I'm pretty sure it can be widened.