Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :-

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :- #11  
Wow, Thomas, that's tough. I had my right knee replaced 3 years ago, but fortunately didn't have any of the problems you've had. Hope it gets better for you soon.

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :- #12  
That is a lot to go through!! Prayers for your recovery and attitude

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :- #13  
Wow, when it rains it pours!

Guess you better get on the tractor and build a pond or lake! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Those photos sends shivers up my neck. :shocked:

Good luck in recovery and in PT.

Later,
Dan

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :- #14  
Tough go.....wishing you all the best in your recovery!!!

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :- #15  
Best wishes, keep us updated.

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :- #16  
Can we make jokes about this? Or is it too painful to laugh?

I'm sure there are some good drill bit and doctor jokes in here somewhere.

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :- #17  
Wow what a journey you have had!
good luck in your healing, wishing you a full recovery!

now, about that drill,
why was it that far up your femur?
i wonder if he started losing it, then kept trying to reattach to it, and it kept
inching further and further up till he gave up on it!
thanks for the xrays, it shows a lot of work has been done.
any chance you had work done in Syracuse?
i had bilateral hip replacements last October in Syr.

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :- #18  
I am amazed, given today's high tech surgical instruments, that the drill bit could come loose from the extension. I know that doesn't ease the pain, Thomas, so best wishes.

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :-
I wish you a complete recovery. I have a question. Would another surgery to retrieve the drill bit cause more problems? Have you considered the possibility that the Surgeon made the statement regarding the drill bit, to be only an excuse to cover up his own incompetence?

I have just started to look into what the risks and probability of infection are each way.

I will certainly be getting a second opinion from an ortho at another medical group, maybe even from a different city, but right now I am trying to focus on getting my strength and knee movement back.

Thanks,
Thomas