Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :-

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :-
Dang! Thomas, you must make the metal detectors go into a tizzy when you walk through. You've got more hardware in you than an Ace Hardware Store.:confused2: I'm always amazed at x-rays of bone or joint replacements. The hardware looks so big and out of place. Here's hoping your recovery is quick, uneventful, and complete.:thumbsup:

Hi Jinman,

I just stay near my M-I-L who has both knee, both shoulders, and on hip replaced and they don't even notice me!

Thanks for the kind thoughts and good wishes.
Thomas

/ Sometimes there is nothing you can do but laugh and keep moving forward..... :-
Wow! That is a lot to go thru in a short time span. Fingers crossed that your recovery goes smoothly from here!

Hi FarmGirl,

Thanks for noticing, I have a great group of family (mostly my wife's) locally, and all my good friends on TBN to keep me distracted. Thanks for the warm and king thoughts.

Thomas

Bullbreaker, thanks, nothing to do but keep on keeping on!

300UGuy, thanks for the luck, best of luck with your ankle, and thanks for sharing, I' m hoping it all turns to much ado about nothing. for my femur too.

RRR, thanks!

Sorry it took me a little bit to get back here, last night my leg muscles were apparently finding where their nerves were hiding and it was a little preoccupying.

Thanks again to all of youse!
Thomas

Wow, Thomas, that's tough. I had my right knee replaced 3 years ago, but fortunately didn't have any of the problems you've had. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Howdy Bird,

My years using it were good, I just wasn't the only doing so. I hope you never do have any issues. Thanks for the good thoughts!
Thomas

That is a lot to go through!! Prayers for your recovery and attitude

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

Wow, when it rains it pours!

Guess you better get on the tractor and build a pond or lake! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Those photos sends shivers up my neck. :shocked:

Good luck in recovery and in PT.

Later,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks, as it turns out, our pond is losing water despite day after day of rain, threatening our Koi, so Pat is out there now trying to firgure out where and how it is leaking, and how to plug it. Thanks for the well wishes,
Thomas

Can we make jokes about this? Or is it too painful to laugh?

I'm sure there are some good drill bit and doctor jokes in here somewhere.

Hi Dave,

Have you read ANY of my posts?

My wife couldn't believe it happened, and couldn't wait for me to wake so she could get me to react to the news.

Last time, I was awake for surgery and heard someone drop an instruments, and called out "Oops, You better not pick that up and use it!"

When I saw my surgeon, I told him, "You shoulda left me awake again, and I would've talked you through getting it out! " He said, thatI was probably right!

Wow what a journey you have had!
good luck in your healing, wishing you a full recovery!

now, about that drill,
why was it that far up your femur?
i wonder if he started losing it, then kept trying to reattach to it, and it kept
inching further and further up till he gave up on it!
thanks for the xrays, it shows a lot of work has been done.
any chance you had work done in Syracuse?
i had bilateral hip replacements last October in Syr.

Hi Dutch,

Thanks for the good wishes, we appreciate it!

I will have to ask the doc when I see him again, but your idea is really the most plausibe. Also, sometimes in surgery, it is possible that you get focussed on a task, instead of maintaining your eye on the overall outcome.

The nospital was Highland Hospital in Rochester, NY

I am amazed, given today's high tech surgical instruments, that the drill bit could come loose from the extension. I know that doesn't ease the pain, Thomas, so best wishes.

Me too, and initially, the word was it "broke off" but it looks like it wasn't dinged up oranything, so I think it must have been poorly attached in the first place

Thanks so much!
Thomas