Sooner or later, it was going to happen.

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #11  
Mega Me: Sorry to see this situation, but happy to know you are OK! You must have had a firm grip on your beer to avoid a spill! I'm curious about the title, did you suspect this might happen?

Do you mind if I take a guess as to what happened? Looks like the tree you cut down, fell across the creek. (as you said). I'm guessing you chained the butt to one of your bucket hooks and started backing up.

However there is a slight rise in the ground and the tree butt kept snagging, so you simply raised the bucket as you backed up, lifting the butt a little.

Then, either you started turning on purpose, (or without noticing it) the tractor slowly got turned just enough (to put you on an angle to the pull) as you kept raising the bucket and the tree kept "lurching" ahead. The tree's final "lurch" pulled the "high" bucket (on sort of a sideways angle) and over she went!! Down with a bang! Pretty scary moment!!

Please let me know if this is a "fairly" accurate guess. Right or wrong I enjoy "trying" to figure things out from pictures. THINKING BACK, to the moment,...(as it began to tip),... do you think "dropping-the-bucket-fast" would have avoided the roll? (Dropping the bucket would have "let-go" what was pulling you over, AND set the weight back on the rear wheels and back-hoe). Providing my guess is correct?

THANK YOU for sharing this. Could save someone else serious injury or worse! THANK YOU as well for the "Services-Rendered" in your daily (nightly) work!!!! Good Man!!
Hope your tractor will be ok without toooo much work!!
CHEERS,
. . tug

PS: you might want to take a peek at "The Big Flip" (similar to yours). It was at the bottom of page 1 of this Thread. Might be page 2 by now? May be some help to you, Good luck!

Last edited:
   / Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #12  
So thats what Mine allmost looked like :eek: ? Looks to me the bucket was a bit to high to be pulling as well . Glad to here Your ok & hope ole blue has a quick recovery :D .

I,m curious though wouldn,t it have been easier & safer to use the BH to drag the tree back to more level ground ? Keep in Mind I dont own a BH & have had very little experience with that size BH mounted on a tractor . So I have no idea of there lifting or pulling capabilitys . :eek: . Bob

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #13  
Glad you are OK.

Just a couple of quick questions for my edification. Did you have a seatbelt on? If so (or if not) what went through your head as you went over? Did you think to pull it all in and just ride it down, or did you do the natural extend the hands and brace.. Was it slow or fast? Did the engine seat kill switch kick on or did you have to turn the engine off?

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #14  
Gravity won the best of me.

I'm okay, didn't spill my beer!

Glad you are all rite.

I.m in S. Eastern Ohio too .
Washington County.

It ain't been a very good week for you has it?
Second event within 5 days.

Last edited:
   / Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #15  
Did ya give her a little rub on her belly while she was resting? ;)

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #16  
To bad about the tractor,looks like a nice one. I think I learned something reading bout your accident, please let us know the details of any damage and repairs. Mark

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #18  
Should have had the stabilizer's almost down and the hoe extended.
Need an automatic tilt switch that throws the stabilizer down on the low side.

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #19  
MEGA ME : seems like some good suggestions to save a "next-time",.....but for now,...anytime there is a "roll-over",..or an "almost-roll-over",...there are valuable lessons to be learned.

Sometimes embarrassing for the operator, but if not hurt, then s/he probably learned something valuable from it. Since this is a "give and take" forum for the sharing of info, good or bad,....I think we'd all appreciate what ever lessons you may have learned here to save us the same or worse type occurrence.

"Woodlandfarm" asked some questions of value (to us all) as did others and then there was "MY-particular-GUESS". We are curious about this.

YOU,.."Mega Me",... as a valued Emergency Worker (in your "part" of the world), could be of great value to folks like me (in the "REST" of the world) by sharing with us,..... "ANYTHING" learned from this mishap.

BUT, . . . then again, . . it is "your" choice to share or not? My apologies to you, if I sound pushy,.... I really don't mean to be. (Just a part of my nature, comes from my avatar?)

CHEERS,
. . tug

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #20  
I was attempting to pull a tree that had fallen across the creek. I had already cut the stump off. While pulling the log....**** went south quick, and I rolled over.

On the ground and on the right front tire looks like you lost a bit of oil? fuel? where did it come from, the dipstick tube? or did something break?

Glad you're okay and the ROPS did it's job, keeping the tractor on it's side, not letting it roll all the way over.

Let us know what steps you took before you tried to start her up again.