Sooner or later, it was going to happen.

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen.
I noticed your dads tags DV Disabled Veteren.

Tell Joe I said

WELCOME HOME!

He'll understand.
Frank
USMC

Frank,

I will do that! It seems that you guys could tell some stories?

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #32  
i dont think i would recommend pulling from the rops there will be alot of stress on the rops until the tractor reaches the balance point. i'm up in the air about the use of a strap like that, could a heavier chain than the one being used already been used. glad you are ok hope i never have to figure out where i'll need to pull from to tip my tractor over.

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #33  
Oh gosh, I have just over 600 hours on my Kubota B21 TLB, looks similar in size to yours. I've always been wary of the stability of that machine.

I'm glad all is well, thanks for sharing.

Ken

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #34  
Ken45101: ....if you go back to the top of page 2 and read my description of the roll-over,...(which was my "guess", but Mega-Me confirmed it as accurate),..it should ease your mind a little,..hopefully.

This roll-over had nothing to do with the tractor's stability. As you will see, it was a "raised" bucket chained to the load it was pulling, when the tractor got onto a slight "angle" from the pull.

The angle of the load on the raised bucket,....caused the "lurching" load to "pull" the tractor "over"!

There are many lessons to be learned from this incident,....but in this case, the fault of the roll had nothing to do with the "stabilty" or "non-stability" of the particular tractor in question.

Remember to pull from your tow-bar and pull in a direct line from the load, and not an angle. Hope this eases your mind a little.

CHEERS!
. . tug

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen.
Ken45101: ....if you go back to the top of page 2 and read my description of the roll-over,...(which was my "guess", but Mega-Me confirmed it as accurate),..it should ease your mind a little,..hopefully.

This roll-over had nothing to do with the tractor's stability. As you will see, it was a "raised" bucket chained to the load it was pulling, when the tractor got onto a slight "angle" from the pull.

The angle of the load on the raised bucket,....caused the "lurching" load to "pull" the tractor "over"!

There are many lessons to be learned from this incident,....but in this case, the fault of the roll had nothing to do with the "stabilty" or "non-stability" of the particular tractor in question.

Remember to pull from your tow-bar and pull in a direct line from the load, and not an angle. Hope this eases your mind a little.

CHEERS!
. . tug

Yes, he's right! I will not do that again. I was trying to pull the end of the fallen log out of the water so THEN I could turn around and pull it the right way with either the truck or the tractor. Once I got the log loose I decided to keep pulling for whatever reason?

/ Sooner or later, it was going to happen. #36  
Ken45101 : ....hope the above posts have eased your mind regarding the stability of your tractor.

However,... it is NOT bad to be concerned with things like "stability". If you're still worried, ..there are methods to ease the stress.

You can begin with having your rear wheels turned out to their widest position. If your rear tire "air-valves" are on the outside,.(narrow position), you can turn them around, so the valve is on the "INside) (where it's awkward to access) just make sure your tread is facing forward,...switch side for side. [Some wheel types can be widened out considerably by changing the configuration of the wheel and its rim].

On my tractor, I work many steep slopes so installed wheel "spacers" which put each wheel six inches farther out, (a foot wider). I also loaded my tires with Canadian Beet Juice, thus the combination of width and ballast has given "me" a heavier and more stable tractor.

Add on wheel "weights" is another option for stability. There are various things you can do to make your tractor stable. BUT, THEE most IMPORTANT thing you can do to "feel" more stabilized operating your tractor: ... is LEARNING all you can about the "safe" operation of it and the various "things" that CAUSE injuries and deaths to both people AND tractors. Like what will "cause" it to tip or roll-over? Understanding the causes helps you avoid them, AND "what" you can do to abort a roll when you suddenly realize it's happening!!

I believe you have 600 hours experience on this machine so you may have had some scary experiences already? Studying the Operational Tips for Newbies is an excellent start because it's "NOT" like the Safety Pages of new tool or appliance booklets, but what makes them so valuable is, they were written by people just like "you" who had an experience and lived to tell you how to avoid it!! Lots of good "hot" discussions as well. But also many real good tips on "using" your various implements. Lots on safety also.

I hope this eased your mind a little,...but always feel free and welcome to jump in and ask questions anytime. Just keep in mind: NO question is too stupid or embarrassing to ask,...."IF" you want the answer !! We "ALL" want to assist each other whenever possible. Good luck!

CHEERS!
. . tug

Last edited: